Opinions on feeders? What roaches are allowed in Florida?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently feed my beardie bsf and Superworms but bsf are a pain to feed her with and are very hard to breed. I don't have much trouble with filling her up with Superworms and they never impacted her and she never has had trouble digesting them either. I have had my eyes on Turkestan roaches, discoid roaches, and Orange heads for a while now. I wanted to know which ones are easiest to breed, are most beneficial, and if they are allowed in Florida(I know that the discoids are). Apparently orange heads are superior to dubia roaches in size. The Turkestan roaches have two major cons in my eyes: the males can fly and they are extremely fast. Could two of those roaches be fed together along with Superworms(More roaches than Superworms)? Are they worth trying to breed? Also, has anyone here tried breeding silkworms? How did that go? Would you recommend them? Most importantly, can you name some good feeder roaches that are allowed in Florida?
This was the site I went off on: https://thegutload.com/9-insects-for-your-bearded-dragon/

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
There are all good options but it can be tough/costly to raise some of them or to raise multiple kinds, which is why folks tend to pick one as a staple. I've heard discoids are similar in care to the dubia roaches which might make them the easiest. I don't have personal experience with anything but dubias. There are more options worth investigating here https://capecodroaches.com/t/florida-legal-roaches

Silk worms can be raised from eggs. I've read that it helps if you have access to fresh mulberry leaves, but they can be raised on chow as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom