opening up enclosure

Hobama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
My bearded dragon reggie is in a 4x2x2 enclosure but is only using half right now. i put up a piece of cardboard to help with stress but i was wondering when i should open it up to the full thing? i saw someone say to do it around the 3 month mark which he will be in March but i dont remember where i saw it. would that be good to do? i dont plan on upgrading to a t5 until may i think if that makes a difference at all. the t8 is mounted inside right now.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My bearded dragon reggie is in a 4x2x2 enclosure but is only using half right now. i put up a piece of cardboard to help with stress but i was wondering when i should open it up to the full thing? i saw someone say to do it around the 3 month mark which he will be in March but i dont remember where i saw it. would that be good to do? i dont plan on upgrading to a t5 until may i think if that makes a difference at all. the t8 is mounted inside right now.
The T 5 will need to be inside as well but distance is going to be different - I would look at getting the T 5 before may the same time you open up the tank-- I put blaze in his 120 gallon at 3 months - he stayed mainly in the middle of the tank and hot side- but eventually started exploring the whole tank-- didn't take him long

Hobama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
The T 5 will need to be inside as well but distance is going to be different - I would look at getting the T 5 before may the same time you open up the tank-- I put blaze in his 120 gallon at 3 months - he stayed mainly in the middle of the tank and hot side- but eventually started exploring the whole tank-- didn't take him long
ok ill talk to my mom about getting the t5 more recently. a t5 mounted inside is supposed to be at a distance 12 to 15 inches away from the basking spot right? how long should my uvb be?

Hobama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
24" is good and yes on the distance directly above it

would this be good?
it says it comes with a 24 Watt 22" Reptisun T5 HO Lamp.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4

would this be good?
it says it comes with a 24 Watt 22" Reptisun T5 HO Lamp.
This comes w/ a 5.0 - you want the 10.0 need to order as well- that one or a Arcadia pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb found at PetSmart or a sunblaster nano tech w/ the reptisun T 5 bulb 10.0 22" bulb-- good fixture but the bulb needs to be changed out - you can find it in the hydrobuilder webiste

Hobama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
This comes w/ a 5.0 - you want the 10.0 need to order as well- that one or a Arcadia pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb found at PetSmart or a sunblaster nano tech w/ the reptisun T 5 bulb 10.0 22" bulb-- good fixture but the bulb needs to be changed out - you can find it in the hydrobuilder webiste
would it be ok to get that hood and buy a seperate bulb thats a 10.0 like this one Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO High Output Fluorescent Bulb ?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom