opening up enclosure

Hobama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
My bearded dragon reggie is in a 4x2x2 enclosure but is only using half right now. i put up a piece of cardboard to help with stress but i was wondering when i should open it up to the full thing? i saw someone say to do it around the 3 month mark which he will be in March but i dont remember where i saw it. would that be good to do? i dont plan on upgrading to a t5 until may i think if that makes a difference at all. the t8 is mounted inside right now.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My bearded dragon reggie is in a 4x2x2 enclosure but is only using half right now. i put up a piece of cardboard to help with stress but i was wondering when i should open it up to the full thing? i saw someone say to do it around the 3 month mark which he will be in March but i dont remember where i saw it. would that be good to do? i dont plan on upgrading to a t5 until may i think if that makes a difference at all. the t8 is mounted inside right now.
The T 5 will need to be inside as well but distance is going to be different - I would look at getting the T 5 before may the same time you open up the tank-- I put blaze in his 120 gallon at 3 months - he stayed mainly in the middle of the tank and hot side- but eventually started exploring the whole tank-- didn't take him long

Hobama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
The T 5 will need to be inside as well but distance is going to be different - I would look at getting the T 5 before may the same time you open up the tank-- I put blaze in his 120 gallon at 3 months - he stayed mainly in the middle of the tank and hot side- but eventually started exploring the whole tank-- didn't take him long
ok ill talk to my mom about getting the t5 more recently. a t5 mounted inside is supposed to be at a distance 12 to 15 inches away from the basking spot right? how long should my uvb be?

Hobama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
24" is good and yes on the distance directly above it

would this be good?
it says it comes with a 24 Watt 22" Reptisun T5 HO Lamp.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4

would this be good?
it says it comes with a 24 Watt 22" Reptisun T5 HO Lamp.
This comes w/ a 5.0 - you want the 10.0 need to order as well- that one or a Arcadia pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb found at PetSmart or a sunblaster nano tech w/ the reptisun T 5 bulb 10.0 22" bulb-- good fixture but the bulb needs to be changed out - you can find it in the hydrobuilder webiste

Hobama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
This comes w/ a 5.0 - you want the 10.0 need to order as well- that one or a Arcadia pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb found at PetSmart or a sunblaster nano tech w/ the reptisun T 5 bulb 10.0 22" bulb-- good fixture but the bulb needs to be changed out - you can find it in the hydrobuilder webiste
would it be ok to get that hood and buy a seperate bulb thats a 10.0 like this one Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO High Output Fluorescent Bulb ?

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom