Only One Egg?

Lizard of Light

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Ardbert
Yesterday, I came home and saw Ardie had laid a single egg outside his hide with a bit of poop on it. The only other thread I could find about a beardie laying a single egg involves a clearly gravid one. But not only is his belly still pretty flat, but I don't feel any other eggs. Granted, the first time he laid eggs he also didn't look gravid, but I could clearly palpate the eggs before he laid them. And I think I did feel something round days ago before he popped that egg, but nothing else. He is, however, tearing up his enclosure and headbobbing a lot, behaviors he did the last time he was gravid.

I guess my question is if it's possible for beardies to sometimes just lay a single egg. He's 2 years old and as mentioned, he laid his first clutch last month. Could it be normal at this age?

Lizard of Light

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ardbert
Still hyper and digging around today. Still not feeling any eggs in the belly.

Seriously, has anyone had the experience of a beardie laying just one egg and no other?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, sometimes, they do lay just one egg, but most of the time there are more to follow.
The infertile eggs are harder to feel or see. If she is still digging or restless then chances
are she will most likely lay more.
Be sure she is getting adequate calcium intake to help out her system.

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom