Only half dozen pinworm eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZiggyDust

Hatchling Member
So my bearded dragon got their 2nd fecal test back and it showed only about half a dozen pinworms eggs. I haven’t been able to talk about to the vet as they are out of town and missed their first call. They did say it wasn’t anything to worry about because of the small amount. Since I can’t talk to the vet to get more information, I was hoping someone can give me some idea on why treatment won’t be needed? Is there anything I need to pay attention to so they pinworm eggs don’t get worse and become a problem?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Pinworms are typically pretty mild and are carried in small numbers naturally. The immune system of a healthy dragon can keep them in check so low numbers are often not treated. If the numbers increase, they can be treated with meds effectively. If you don't notice weight loss, lethargic behavior, or unusually messy/smelly poop on a regular basis, then I wouldn't worry about it much.

ZiggyDust

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":341cqp54 said:
Pinworms are typically pretty mild and are carried in small numbers naturally. The immune system of a healthy dragon can keep them in check so low numbers are often not treated. If the numbers increase, they can be treated with meds effectively. If you don't notice weight loss, lethargic behavior, or unusually messy/smelly poop on a regular basis, then I wouldn't worry about it much.

Thank you! Makes sense. Appreciate the quick response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom