Only eats greens after they are dry

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDK241

Hatchling Member
So Ralph hasn't been eating his salad in the morning for about a week now. Instead he waits until its been sitting in his cage all day and is dry...then he gobbles it up :? I've tried giving him fresh again at night but he won't touch it and I'm not really sure what's up with that.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
My Nim used to like the crunchy greens. He loves them either way. Dry or fresh. I guess some beardies like dry greens.

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
Sometimes Brick does that too! I wonder if they like the crunch? I'm just glad he's (sometimes) eating his mustard greens, even if they are dried out lol. :roll:
His previous owner said he's been doing it for years, so I'm guessing it'll be fine for Ralph too. :) If salad is how he's been getting a lot of his water though, you may want to offer him water from a dropper/needle-less syringe once or twice a day, or give him extra baths. :)
...The things we do for those scaly little rascals! Hehe ;)

KDK241

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He drinks water in his baths so he's pretty easy to get water into. Glad to know he's not weird though :lol: Emerson will eat the crunchy greens but he always eats some in the morning and then finishes the dry ones at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom