One year old low appetite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, my bearded dragon is about 1 year old. She entered brumation mid may this year and just woke up about three weeks ago. I will link the thread I posted regarding her issues from may.
Here- viewtopic.php?f=6&t=259475

Basically she was acting weird not eating much for a good month before brumation. We took her to the vet who said she looks heathly, weight was 495 two days before brumation. Fecal test came back with 1-2 pinworm ova, which they recommended not to treat BC it was so low. Two days later she goes into brumation for around 8 weeks or so. She woke up like I said about three weeks ago and her behavior never changed, as in she still doesn't eat much. I have a roach colony but she won't eat any roaches, maybe a couple a week. She does eat super worms, and will have about 6-7 if I hand feed her. As for salads she will eat a few chopped pieces a couple times a week. I know supers are fatty so I really try not to offer them. What concerns me is that I weighed her yesterday and she's 433 grams. So she went from 495 in may to 433 in three months. Behaviorally she has periods of staying in same spot for hours but for quite a few hours during the day ill see her running all over her tank. Glass surfing and going all over the place, then just chill for hours. I take her out daily to sit by a window or run around her room for a bit, then back under the heat lamp. So, Should I order waxworms and more supers (since she eats them) and just fatten her up? She's about 19" long and one year. Is any of this normal three weeks out from waking up from a 2 month brumation?
Thanks.

Tank specs
18x18x36 tank
T5 10.0 HO 22" reptisun
100w basking bulb
Temps are 95 basking spot
Upper 80s warm side
Mid 70s cool side
Twice weekly baths

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
No wax worms and no more supers --- it sounds like shes hooked on the worms -- I would PM Tracie and ask her - she would be able to go over more ideas why shes losing weight -

Evergrowingfamily

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3f5i0h40 said:
No wax worms and no more supers --- it sounds like shes hooked on the worms -- I would PM Tracie and ask her - she would be able to go over more ideas why shes losing weight -

Okay, I will pm her. Thanks

fcooper

Hatchling Member
Usually if they lose weight during brumation it can mean illness or parasites. I'm not super well versed in MVBs (I opt for long UVB coverage) but when was the last time it was changed? Any bulbs in general need to be replaced regularly even if they still produce light because they'll stop producing UVB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom