One of our eggs opened almost 36 hours ago - no movement at all

Lucyrose420

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reggie, Regina, Reginald
Hey Guys

I would really appreciate some advice, one of our babies started emerging about 36 hours ago, since then we have seen no movement whatsoever... now I understand the rule LEAVE THEM ALONE... however this baby is giving me serious concerns as after all the other eggs we've been apart of hatching - he just seems not to be emerging properly. Basically can anyone with much more experience or advice tell me its either going to be okay or I should let nature take its course.. I know the right things to do, but then your heart gets involved and logic goes out the window. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Austinnnnn23

Beardie name(s)
Leatherback Beardie: Rico 5 y/o Tangerine AFT: Toothless 1 y/o
Have you pulled all the other hatchlings out? if you did I would recommend stimulating the egg because I know that that can be a sign to new hatching to start to come out and emerge so you could try and just give it a few gentle nudges but dont try and pull it out of the egg.

Lucyrose420

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reggie, Regina, Reginald
Thank you so much for your quick response, no idea how much I appreciate it. We still have 7 other hatchlings on their way and they're completely normal at this point just slightly delayed behind the other 10 that have hatched. I will definitely see what happens and see if stimulation is what he needs - I know having other babies on their way will help its just this one really has me concerned. Thanks Austin - you're a champion

Austinnnnn23

Beardie name(s)
Leatherback Beardie: Rico 5 y/o Tangerine AFT: Toothless 1 y/o
No problem I have be doing so much egg research because I want to start breeding beardies but I still live at home going to college but once im out and done that is definitely something Im really looking forward to!

Lucyrose420

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reggie, Regina, Reginald
That is amazing, keep the passion alive. Best advice I can give you is being prepared as possible sometimes still isn't enough.. so give yourself a break at first if things aren't perfect - you will get there. Also have your set up done before you consider breeding especially the enclosure/s for the babies <3 haha Its really rewarding as long as you're doing it with all love involved.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey Guys

I would really appreciate some advice, one of our babies started emerging about 36 hours ago, since then we have seen no movement whatsoever... now I understand the rule LEAVE THEM ALONE... however this baby is giving me serious concerns as after all the other eggs we've been apart of hatching - he just seems not to be emerging properly. Basically can anyone with much more experience or advice tell me its either going to be okay or I should let nature take its course.. I know the right things to do, but then your heart gets involved and logic goes out the window. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
Ahbd needs to address this
@AHBD

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom