One friggen day!!!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
So the back story. I got Sinatra back in November. He was skittish with me but not as bad with the girlfriend. He didn't have good line of site into the living room, the sofa blocked his view (he lived in the bottom section of a two tiered habitat). He has become increasingly more skittish of me (still ok with the girlfriend). So I decided to move him out into the dinning room into a habitat that lets him see us moving around thinking maybe that would help him adjust. So below are pics of his first day in the new setup. (He now has a better view out the window which he seems to love). I thought his habitat looked pretty good. Apparently he didn't approve. You be the judge lol. I'm going to post the pics in order from just ready to move in last night to this afternoon.

Attachments

• 20230422_164437.jpg
    20230422_164437.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 121
  • 20230423_093020.jpg
    20230423_093020.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 20230423_093042.jpg
    20230423_093042.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 90
  • 20230423_111339.jpg
    20230423_111339.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 20230423_164650.jpg
    20230423_164650.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 20230423_164659.jpg
    20230423_164659.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 84

shmoomunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Scooby
So the back story. I got Sinatra back in November. He was skittish with me but not as bad with the girlfriend. He didn't have good line of site into the living room, the sofa blocked his view (he lived in the bottom section of a two tiered habitat). He has become increasingly more skittish of me (still ok with the girlfriend). So I decided to move him out into the dinning room into a habitat that lets him see us moving around thinking maybe that would help him adjust. So below are pics of his first day in the new setup. (He now has a better view out the window which he seems to love). I thought his habitat looked pretty good. Apparently he didn't approve. You be the judge lol. I'm going to post the pics in order from just ready to move in last night to this afternoon.
Maybe it's too soon to judge, OR, there is too much going on all at once for him to process?

I may be assigning human responses to him, but my pets (lizard and dogs) very much responsde to changes in human activity!

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Excellent result!
The view from the window is the best gift for any dragon! And the sun's rays will give him a natural IR spectrum.
I think Sinatra will highly appreciate his new home!
Without any doubt.
PS: I see a lot of greenery in the second and third photo.
Was that a "fireworks" from salad in honor of moving day? 😆

Last edited:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
That was breakfast lol. He up rooted every plant, turned over his greens and his bugs, dug all the substrate up. He WRECKED the place, then took a nap lol.

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
That was breakfast lol. He up rooted every plant, turned over his greens and his bugs, dug all the substrate up. He WRECKED the place, then took a nap lol.
I did not immediately understand the chronology from the photo.
Now I understand - this is the chronology of destruction 😆
I think Sinatra will approve his new house sooner or later.
Foxy's terrarium is also located in the dinning room and he really likes it - he always sees everyone and he likes to watch how we do everything around him:)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
All my other dragons do as well, I think not being able to see us is why he had become more skittish. Hopefully in a few days/weeks he will calm down.
I don't mind if he just don't like me, but i can't stand the thought of him being scared all the time.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
No i bought him for genetics, he is going to be my sire when he is a bit older. He is a hypo, het trans, het zero blue bar dunner. He also has a very high concentration of orange, he should make some nice hatchlings 🙂

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
No i bought him for genetics, he is going to be my sire when he is a bit older. He is a hypo, het trans, het zero blue bar dunner. He also has a very high concentration of orange, he should make some nice hatchlings 🙂
Yes, I remember you told me about breeding, but I didn't know how you got him.
I think that moving to a new place will allow him to overcome all his fears.

Last edited:

Axil

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
poor guy had to spend all morning fixing all the human design miscues, and exhausted himself. :p

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
poor guy had to spend all morning fixing all the human design miscues, and exhausted himself. :p
I put it all back and it's even worse tonight, i guess I'm a slow learner..... good thing he has plenty of patience 😉

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
He agreed to keep rearranging it lmao. He piled every artificial plant in there into a pile again and was napping on them when i got home.
But honestly he seems happier, he seems to really like having a view out the window. I was worried it would stress him, but he seems a little less jumpy now.

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
He agreed to keep rearranging it lmao. He piled every artificial plant in there into a pile again and was napping on them when i got home.
But honestly he seems happier, he seems to really like having a view out the window. I was worried it would stress him, but he seems a little less jumpy now.
This is excellent!
I am very glad that there are improvements and Sinatra is gradually becoming happier.
It was a worthwhile idea to give him a view from the window.
And I think he'll stop piling plants once he gets over the stress of the moving.

Last edited:

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom