One droopy eye

Carstarter

My baby girl also has this droopy eye thing going on..with only one eye though. She’s active, eats very well (veggies and protein) and is using the bathroom well. I’ve read on one forum that someone noticed their beardies droopy eye after parasite treatment.. is there any correlation between parasites and droopy eyes? I’ve also read on another forum that it’s possible that it’s normal—genetic..
I’m wondering if I should take her in to have her checked for parasites? Although, there isn’t anything else that would suggest she has parasites..

*also, I’ve seen that t8s should be mounted INSIDE of the enclosure correct? How is this done?

Sorry, I’m a new beardie mom and I already love her so much..just want to make sure I’m giving her the best life and doing everything correctly.

SN: it’s 1045p and she’s fast asleep so I’ll be happy to upload a picture of her in the am so her eye can be seen.

Carstarter

Original Poster
image.jpg

My baby girl also has this droopy eye thing going on..with only one eye though. She’s active, eats very well (veggies and protein) and is using the bathroom well. I’ve read on one forum that someone noticed their beardies droopy eye after parasite treatment.. is there any correlation between parasites and droopy eyes? I’ve also read on another forum that it’s possible that it’s normal—genetic..
I’m wondering if I should take her in to have her checked for parasites? Although, there isn’t anything else that would suggest she has parasites..

*also, I’ve seen that t8s should be mounted INSIDE of the enclosure correct? How is this done?

Sorry, I’m a new beardie mom and I already love her so much..just want to make sure I’m giving her the best life and doing everything correctly.

SN: it’s 1045p and she’s fast asleep so I’ll be happy to upload a picture of her in the am so her eye can be seen.
Hi, I was about to post the same question about my beardie. I don’t see anyone answered though, unless I’m blind. Did you ever find anything out?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It doesn’t look as droopy as it sometimes does, here.
Droopy eye can be genetic - T 8 's need to be inside the tank no clear plastic cover over the bulb if there is one and it needs to be 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor - you can hang w/ 3M Velcro fasteners or long plastic zip ties-or fishing line- or picture wire hangers-or thin welding rod that is bendable
If her poop is really stinky runny she may have parasites but we need to rule out uvb surface basking temps and main staple insect

Last edited:
Droopy eye can be genetic - T 8 's need to be inside the tank no clear plastic cover over the bulb if there is one and it needs to be 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor - you can hang w/ 3M Velcro fasteners or long plastic zip ties-or fishing line- or picture wire hangers-or thin welding rod that is bendable
I’ll see what I can do. It’s also a little bloodshot. I just gave two drops of repta rinse and he seems to be feeling better. He’s been oddly active the past few days.. I also think he’s either going blind, or has cataracts, but he’s not even a year old yet. Roughly 10 months

I’m having my fiancé schedule a vet appointment to see why one eye is cloudy. It’s about time for a check up anyway.

Attachments

• 6BEEA7B8-148F-41FC-9A6C-0CC488CECE74.jpeg
    6BEEA7B8-148F-41FC-9A6C-0CC488CECE74.jpeg
    187.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 5BAC46D4-7FB8-4077-8E5E-2A488B6CE6A5.jpeg
    5BAC46D4-7FB8-4077-8E5E-2A488B6CE6A5.jpeg
    243.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 5ED76E4F-2015-46F3-9E63-3675B665645E.jpeg
    5ED76E4F-2015-46F3-9E63-3675B665645E.jpeg
    178 KB · Views: 57
I’ll see what I can do. It’s also a little bloodshot. I just gave two drops of repta rinse and he seems to be feeling better. He’s been oddly active the past few days.. I also think he’s either going blind, or has cataracts, but he’s not even a year old yet. Roughly 10 months

I’m having my fiancé schedule a vet appointment to see why one eye is cloudy. It’s about time for a check up anyway.
He also only has a food response on the good eye side. Which is why I feel like cataracts/blindness

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom