OMGOSH! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I came in to hold Zinger. He was on his FAKE cactus and looked up at me with "Hold me mommy!!" eyes. He's in his rebelious stage. I reached down for him to stroke him and he puffed out his beard, normal. Then, he did something unexpected.... HE BIT ME!!! I exclaimed "Zinger!" and he looked at me like, "What? I'm cute and innocent!" I ran out of the room, offended by his actions. "Mom! He bit me!" I exclaimed. She pointed out he may be hungry, so I picked him up and gave him a little lettuce. He's not angry at me, but I wonder what possess him to be in this stage!? :twisted:

czo0607

yea, for not having many teeth, they sure do have jaws of steel. I was handfeeding mine (he was being picky) and he didn't stop at the food and bit my finger...now I use tongs when I'm trying to get him to eat a new food. I hope everything is ok...maybe your beardie was being moody?

philien92

lol i was also handfeeding bert. I accidently dropped his veggie the second he was going for it and so he decided to just keep right on goin. they bite hardddddd lol

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
czo0607":c4916 said:
yea, for not having many teeth, they sure do have jaws of steel. I was handfeeding mine (he was being picky) and he didn't stop at the food and bit my finger...now I use tongs when I'm trying to get him to eat a new food. I hope everything is ok...maybe your beardie was being moody?

Oh yea, everythings great with him. I just held him through a full movie after 3 days of being at camp. he snuggled with me and fell asleep on me. I think he was just being moody.

i've never been bitten but my girlfriend has, she thought it would be a good idea to touch our beardies mouth when she was gapping and she got bit. we couldn't belive how her jaw snapped shut. My GF was left well shocked, i say serves her right, lol

stephenrose06

Hatchling Member
out of all my pets, Draco has not yet.... bit me. Although none of them seem to bite hard just a warning bite. I have a cat Xena, Hamster Hercules, and Cockatiel Angel. When hand feeding him I tend to use the tongs, but also set up a 10 gal tank as a feeder tank for him to hunt.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Waffle has never bitten me. (I think that would take too much energy, and he is too lazy! :lol: ). But actually he has bitten my BF 2 times. And on purpose too. It was when Waffle was really small. My BF has huge hands, and they are not used to him sticking his hand in either of their vivs. So he got nailed 2 diff times.

Foster has bitten me once accidentally. I was hand feeding him a piece of veggie thru my fingers. I did not keep the veggie moving fast as he was eating, so he bit the side of my finger. Didnt hurt too much though. Just a little blood (it was more like a pinch since he was still pretty young at the time)

Lunamatron

Juvie Member
One time while I was feeding our adult Jack, my finger went DOWN HIS THROAT WITH A WORM! I must have jumped 3 feet into the air. He got me pretty good, but I think I surprised him far more than he surprised me.

Weegie

You just might of startled him,cuz my cousin was holding Weegie and i have a bulldog that was running around,it's hilarious cuz my bulldog who is supposed to be big and tough is scared to death of my BD,back to the point.Weegie is pretty calm around the dog don't seem to mind, but since she was running around he was closely watchin her and i got in his face like i usually do when i kiss him on head and he opened his mouth and lunged at me.I jumped back cuz he caught me off guard and my cousin had a good hold of him so he didn't get me.He has never tried to bite like that other than accidently getting my finger feeded him.He hasn't done it again so i think i just startled him cuz he came right to me afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom