Old hutch

Mattcha Mama

Beardie name(s)
Mattcha and Nessie
Found this old hutch on marketplace. Pick it up tomorrow planning on remodeling for Nessie when he is older.

Mattcha Mama

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mattcha and Nessie

Attachments

• 1D4EBBEB-6A9B-409E-BFC2-F6893F930A3F.jpg
    1D4EBBEB-6A9B-409E-BFC2-F6893F930A3F.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 110

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
That should look nice when your done.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That will make an interesting " tall " enclosure. I like them lower but some people have used taller furniture. You might find ideas in the " enclosures " forum or you can flag Claudius, Cooperdragon or Taterbug.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Any suggestions on heat/light set ups? That is the problem w repurposing. Lol
I would go w/ a Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ a 14% bulb -- distance would need to be approx 17-18 inches directly above the basking decor piece - I would use the 24 inch fixture- -- your basking bulb needs to be a clear solid bright white bulb like Flukers --- Zoo Med Repti basking --- Arcadia Halogen ---- or a Zoo Med Intense bulb --- your going to need 2 digital probe thermometers for sure one on the hot side for basking and one on a cool side of the tank --- that probe would need to be placed on the spot where the dragon is going to be basking --- its going to be trial and error for the basking bulbs -- you want temps 95-100 for a 6 month old - adult dragon

Groggyfroggie

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Draco
I’ve seen tall enclosures with a “slide” stabled on the hot side under the heat lamp, so the beardie have access to the hottest spot easily and can adjust as they wish. But there’s also the issue of uvb exposure. Essentially just make sure it fits everything Karrie posted, you can get creative with it :D

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I agree, just follow Karrieree's advice and you should be just fine.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom