Okay, I'm convinced....

Rocky is a male. I need to do the light test 1 more time but all of the tendencies definitely point that way.
I am also convinced we are going through puberty and he's going through separation anxiety as I spend every moment with him. When I leave him for more than 1 hour he has a temper tantrum.
Rocky turns darker in color (the lights are fine) as you see in the second picture, he just got to the window and was not happy when I took him out.
As soon as I pet him in the enclosure, he lightens up. Or of course, as soon as I give him what he wants, he lightens up. See the first picture.
Rocky also goes to the corner of his enclosure as if he puts himself on timeout and looks back at me to make me feel bad (yet it works) or he grabs flowers and lays on his swing and begins to look so sad! See the last picture. He will stay there for hours and eventually sleep there if I don't give in. As it's on the warm side, I say, "You'll be okay" and move on.

My concern is that before I could get Rocky to play in his playpen daily and now he's fascinated with the window, Rocky sits (rotates) then sits in the window all day. See first and second picture. I pulled the shade down to deter him but you see how much that worked, LOL!

I can see the weight picking up and at 6 months....he's probably 5 years old (joke) - I want to ensure his nutritional needs are met. Health is always at the forefront of my mind, and I am starting to see a spread in the mid-area.
Rocky is demanding about his intake. I can control him but I can't control how I feel about him:love: I hate to see him upset but I know that there's no possible way he needs 6 bowls of food LOL.

Attachments

• 20220728_183115.jpg
    20220728_183115.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 125
  • 20220728_181648.jpg
    20220728_181648.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 86
  • 20220728_134642.jpg
    20220728_134642.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 86

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Christina's girl Ruby will engage in staring contest with us, it's to cute. Zen and Snicker Doodle on the other hand will turn their noses in the air close both eyes and look away. I think it is the beardie equivalent of "you have been banished pheasant BEGONE" lol

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom