Okay, I'm convinced....

Rocky is a male. I need to do the light test 1 more time but all of the tendencies definitely point that way.
I am also convinced we are going through puberty and he's going through separation anxiety as I spend every moment with him so when I leave him for more than 1 hour he has a temper tantrum.
Rocky turns black in color (the lights are fine) and as soon as I touch him, he lightens up.
My concern is I would get Rocky to play in his play pen daily and now he's fascinated with the window, he sits (rotates) then sits in the window all day. See attached picture. I pulled the shade down to deter him but you see how much that worked, LOL!
I can see the weight picking up and at 6 months....he's probably 5 years old (joke) so I want to ensure his nutritional needs are met, but health is always at the forefront of my mind, and I am starting to see a spread in the mid-area.
Rocky is demanding about his intake. I can control him but I can't control how I feel about him:love: I hate to see him upset and I know he's not hungry every hour on the hour.

Attachments

• 20220728_183115.jpg
    20220728_183115.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 105
Beardie name(s)
Odie
Slowly stop spending as much time with him and feeding him so much, and make sure he knows that you control his food. If he is being demanding, put him back in his tank alone, and come back to feed him in an hour or when he calms down. Besides that, he looks like a pretty healthy weight! All beardies are a little chubbed up, so don't worry as much unless he is lethargic and will only eat.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Slowly stop spending as much time with him and feeding him so much, and make sure he knows that you control his food. If he is being demanding, put him back in his tank alone, and come back to feed him in an hour or when he calms down. Besides that, he looks like a pretty healthy weight! All beardies are a little chubbed up, so don't worry as much unless he is lethargic and will only eat.
This will make ME sad. I try to leave him but two days ago, he banged on the glass just for me to come into the room. The feeding is somewhat better. Now when he stops eating his greens, I saw you won't get any bugs and I swear, he eats his greens. At times he cleans his plate and I still make him wait. I don't want to tease him but like you said, I have to show him who controls the food. The other day when he banged just for me to see him, I fell in love. I just give up at this point, I love my beardie and he can do no wrong- even when he poops in my bathroom floor (see other post)- or simply demands. This is my first beardie so I guess I have to go through this phase. I let him crawl all over me just to close the blinds...it's part of our daily routine. WE are just a mess LOL :censored::cautious:o_O

Beardie name(s)
Odie
Well, good for you with the food! Along with that, I agree the same with spending time and giving up, sometimes you need to love on the little brats! My beardie has always just been used to me since we got him, because he hated the petsmart he was in, he wasn't taken care of very well, and has a little bent part at the end of his tail! But he seems chill and I'm sure he appreciates your love!

tedbubz

Beardie name(s)
Ted (1 year 2 mo) Western Bearded Dragon - Pogona minor minor)
This will make ME sad. I try to leave him but two days ago, he banged on the glass just for me to come into the room. The feeding is somewhat better. Now when he stops eating his greens, I saw you won't get any bugs and I swear, he eats his greens. At times he cleans his plate and I still make him wait. I don't want to tease him but like you said, I have to show him who controls the food. The other day when he banged just for me to see him, I fell in love. I just give up at this point, I love my beardie and he can do no wrong- even when he poops in my bathroom floor (see other post)- or simply demands. This is my first beardie so I guess I have to go through this phase. I let him crawl all over me just to close the blinds...it's part of our daily routine. WE are just a mess LOL :censored::cautious:o_O
Aww omg him waiting for you but when he can't wait any longer be bangs on the glass?!? I can't even 😅😂

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Aww omg him waiting for you but when he can't wait any longer be bangs on the glass?!? I can't even 😅😂
YES! See what you have to look forward to (possibly)? Oh and there's plenty more....every day is an adventure! WE are up right now typing to you :love:

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom