Ok, I got them INTO the tub..... how do I get them OUT? LMB

Status
Not open for further replies.

TazzysMamma

Sub-Adult Member
Without MORE than I want getting out? LOL

Any idea?????

I mean.... I can reach in there and grab a toilet paper roll..... but they escape.... UGH!!!!

help? :lol:

Sandi

LJean

Extreme Poster
Can't help you there. I am scared of bugs, LOL!!

I used to open up the gallon size baggie I use for dusting, grab a pair of salad tongs, pick up a piece of egg crate and quickly shake it in the bag. :D I made sure the pieces of egg carton I used in with the crickets were small enough to easily fit into my baggie.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
What I do is use a tall (so they won't be able to jump out) plastic container and scoop them up from the small tank that I have the crickets housed in and dump them into the cricket keeper for dusting. You can also do this if you're dusting in a plastic bag.

It's much easier than trying to be sure that all of the crickets end up in the bag or container, but end up chasing them around the house.

TazzysMamma

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks! Im using a papertowel roll right now... whatever ones are in it get dumped into a shaker for dusting and then into the viv.... I just wish the darned things werent so JUMPY!!!! :shock: :lol:

crazymum

Hatchling Member
my bf and i bought a cricket keeper and it comes with four tubes and we leave them in the tub but only 2 at a time so that we can get the crickets in there to feed our Spike. Right now we just successfully hatched our first crickets which we are so happy about. my bf had to text me to let me know about it lol as i am down visiting my son lol

3cherries

Hatchling Member
pick them up with your hands?? :lol:

petco and petsmart sell feeder tongs.. but they were such a pain i just started grabbing :)

diggerdrake

Juvie Member
3cherries":2c412 said:
pick them up with your hands?? :lol:

petco and petsmart sell feeder tongs.. but they were such a pain i just started grabbing :)
try the tongs first and once you get frustrated with them then you will just grab them

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
My nieces use a margarine tub. They put calcium or vitamins in the tub, then put the tub on the bottom of the cricket enclosure. Pick up whatever the crickets are hiding in/under and knock some out into the margarine container. Put the lid on the margarine container to prevent escapees, give the tub a good shake to coat the crix with supplements, then transfer the margarine container to the beardie enclosure or feeding tank, open the tub, and voila!

TazzysMamma

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Jasper's Mom":407cb said:
My nieces use a margarine tub. They put calcium or vitamins in the tub, then put the tub on the bottom of the cricket enclosure. Pick up whatever the crickets are hiding in/under and knock some out into the margarine container. Put the lid on the margarine container to prevent escapees, give the tub a good shake to coat the crix with supplements, then transfer the margarine container to the beardie enclosure or feeding tank, open the tub, and voila!

Now THERE'S an idea!!!! Thanks! LOL

I dont know if I'd EVER be driven to handling them LMBO!!!! :puke:

HUGS!

Sandi

LuvMyHerps

Hatchling Member
I also have the cricket keeper...They climb up in the tubes, you take a tube shake into your cricket shaker and shake 'em up...No touching the bugs! The greatest invention for feeder bugs...Now if I can find something for my superworms I will be a happy girl...LOL

Tarkah

i didnt use a margerine tub cause it was too big to swerve around

but what i did was use the paper roll, and then taped paper on the bottom so they wouldn't fall out, and then scooop them up and then give them a good shake.

BeardieUK92

i bought a kricketkeeper it has 2 blackened tubes for the crickets to hide in, do u think i could just pour some calcium powder into the tubes and shake it about? it should cover them fine :)

if not i supose i could just grab them and rub them in the powder..... tho i am a little skittish about them jumping about lol :?

BeardieUK92

i bought a kricketkeeper it has 2 blackened tubes for the crickets to hide in, do u think i could just pour some calcium powder into the tubes and shake it about? it should cover them fine :)

if not i supose i could just grab them and rub them in the powder..... tho i am a little skittish about them jumping about lol :?

Alix1378

Hatchling Member
i keep some lines a few lines of egg crate(about 3 long 1 wide) an i just shake them into my duster bag. easy as cake an if you have a tall enough cricket tub you can hold the bag in/over the tub an if they hop out they are back in the rub :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom