Odor possible parasite??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
A poop question well my female doesnt poop as often as I would like but shes pooping and its rather large and she isnt on solid foods shes on critical care atm and is being syringe fed. The last say 5 times she has gone to the bathroom 4 times it has had no odor which is good BUT the most recent it has a terrible odor to it. I know the whole parasite bacteria thing can happen and has before but that was when I first got her from a breeder give or take almost 2 yrs ago and she was on meds for it. But I in no way think its parasites could it be the style of baby food I mix with her critical care her stool isnt too watery its just a tad mushy/soft but then its literally like a tootsie roll solid form. Anyways what could the causes be I wash any greens/veggies/fruits I try to give her before hand I even have a careful routine hoping it was just a upset stomach or hopefully just baby food

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
A poop question well my female doesnt poop as often as I would like but shes pooping and its rather large and she isnt on solid foods shes on critical care atm and is being syringe fed. The last say 5 times she has gone to the bathroom 4 times it has had no odor which is good BUT the most recent it has a terrible odor to it. I know the whole parasite bacteria thing can happen and has before but that was when I first got her from a breeder give or take almost 2 yrs ago and she was on meds for it. But I in no way think its parasites could it be the style of baby food I mix with her critical care her stool isnt too watery its just a tad mushy/soft but then its literally like a tootsie roll solid form. Anyways what could the causes be I wash any greens/veggies/fruits I try to give her before hand I even have a careful routine hoping it was just a upset stomach or hopefully just baby food
Why is she on the critical care? What insect is she eating? Formed stools are good --- it might be the baby food your feeding- what about lighting what kind of UVB are you using and where in the tank is it? Basking temps how are you taking them and what are they? This all plays a role in the digestion

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Why is she on the critical care? What insect is she eating? Formed stools are good --- it might be the baby food your feeding- what about lighting what kind of UVB are you using and where in the tank is it? Basking temps how are you taking them and what are they? This all plays a role in the digestion
Shes not eating solids and per vet advice I'm giving her critical care 1-2 times a day a step back from 3-4 sense she has gained some weight. I have a T8 by the basking spot haven't installed my T5 yet temp is ambient about 80 basking 90+ she is active almost every single day just being stubborn not eating which is why shes on critical care basically Herbivore + carnivore care + different baby food flavors

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Shes not eating solids and per vet advice I'm giving her critical care 1-2 times a day a step back from 3-4 sense she has gained some weight. I have a T8 by the basking spot haven't installed my T5 yet temp is ambient about 80 basking 90+ she is active almost every single day just being stubborn not eating which is why shes on critical care basically Herbivore + carnivore care + different baby food flavors
Baking temps should be 95-100 for adult taken / a digital probe thermometer- babies 105-110 - the T 8 should be in the tank 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom