Odd poop and insanely watery?

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys my Amber has been a bit odd lately she has been sleeping more than usual and her poop has changed. I have been a little generous on bug days this last week so she hasn't been eating greens. But I also have been gone for a period so she could be eating some when I'm not home I been putting BSFL in it. I am concerned due to the amount of water she just pooped out did the BSFL upset her belly or do they not carry a lot of water?

Hoping the green color means she has been eating greens or at least I hope that's why. I stepped out of the room came back and spelled something funky and this looks like a bomb went off

First pic is about a week or 2 ago and the second is today

Attachments

• IMG_20220810_144821.jpg
    IMG_20220810_144821.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_20220818_145746.jpg
    IMG_20220818_145746.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 56

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey guys my Amber has been a bit odd lately she has been sleeping more than usual and her poop has changed. I have been a little generous on bug days this last week so she hasn't been eating greens. But I also have been gone for a period so she could be eating some when I'm not home I been putting BSFL in it. I am concerned due to the amount of water she just pooped out did the BSFL upset her belly or do they not carry a lot of water?

Hoping the green color means she has been eating greens or at least that was what I was told

First pic is about a week or 2 ago and the second is today
I would say so ---what greens / veggies are you feeding her?

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
feed her some raw shredded sweet potato and see if that will firm up the poop
Sadly I haven't had luck with any veggies or fruit but I'll put some in it tomorrow should I skip a bug day? I feed them crickets on Wednesday's and Saturday's just weird she pooped like that

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Sadly I haven't had luck with any veggies or fruit but I'll put some in it tomorrow should I skip a bug day? I feed them crickets on Wednesday's and Saturday's just weird she pooped like that
Lets go over the UVB and the surface basking temps
this is what you should be using a T 5 or a T 8 for UVB
surface temps should be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Lets go over the UVB and the surface basking temps
this is what you should be using a T 5 or a T 8 for UVB
surface temps should be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer
I have a t5 the temps are low 90s with a IR heat gun I was told not to let it go any higher than 95-100

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I have a t5 the temps are low 90s with a IR heat gun I was told not to let it go any higher than 95-100
Ok you want 95-100 to start digestion - and please get a digital probe thermometer they are the most accurate and if your using a hammock for a basking decor piece its off - the IR gun cannot read off of hammocks

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ok you want 95-100 to start digestion - and please get a digital probe thermometer they are the most accurate and if your using a hammock for a basking decor piece its off - the IR gun cannot read off of hammocks
I have a resin base platform and I am looking for probe thermometers but I'm finding a lot of dual probes

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Make sure its inside the tank w/ a distance of 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor
Would these probes work? Also this is the setup and distance I may need to lower it but it'll be very close if they are on the basking platform

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220818-153426.jpg
    Screenshot_20220818-153426.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20220818_153542.jpg
    IMG_20220818_153542.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 44

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Would these probes work? Also this is the setup and distance I may need to lower it but it'll be very close if they are on the basking platform
You want distance from the basking platform - and yes those will work but you only need 2 of them-one for hot side of the tank and one for your cool side of the tank

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
You want distance from the basking platform - and yes those will work but you only need 2 of them-one for hot side of the tank and one for your cool side of the tank
When they are on the platform it is side by side at about 10 inches if they are on the hide it is 10-15 inches. I am looking to swap out platforms at some point so they can get closer or I can just lower the UVB. This is Chubbs enclosure and her basking

Attachments

• IMG_20220818_154833.jpg
    IMG_20220818_154833.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 56

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom