nutrigrub

inky

ok so i found out mealworms arent safe for baby beardies my mom orded 100 nutrigrubs are nutrigrub safe for baby beardies? we bought mediums and im wondering if its okay for her to eat im really concerned for her safety and her not getting impacted

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
ok so i found out mealworms arent safe for baby beardies my mom orded 100 nutrigrubs are nutrigrub safe for baby beardies? we bought mediums and im wondering if its okay for her to eat im really concerned for her safety and her not getting impacted
How old is Inky? Mediums will probably be fine - and yes they are a great staple feeder for Inky- feed her as many as she can eat - if she starts to gobble them down really fast dont feed as many at a time - when they do this the larvae will come out undigested - use them as salad lures - add them to the tops of her salads like 20 at a time they are small so I would add another staple feeder crickets or dubia roaches - shes going to go thru alot of the BSFL / nutrigrubs - the roaches / crickets will fill her up and you need to dust one of those insects w/ your calcium D3 - here is a good bowl to use for her and the BSFL https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
you only need to dust your insects at one feeding lightly coated 5 x per week and vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week once per feeding lightly coated

inky

Original Poster
How old is Inky? Mediums will probably be fine - and yes they are a great staple feeder for Inky- feed her as many as she can eat - if she starts to gobble them down really fast dont feed as many at a time - when they do this the larvae will come out undigested - use them as salad lures - add them to the tops of her salads like 20 at a time they are small so I would add another staple feeder crickets or dubia roaches - shes going to go thru alot of the BSFL / nutrigrubs - the roaches / crickets will fill her up and you need to dust one of those insects w/ your calcium D3 - here is a good bowl to use for her and the BSFL Amazon.com
you only need to dust your insects at one feeding lightly coated 5 x per week and vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week once per feeding lightly coated
inky is 2-3 months old her current staple is mostly crickets they are dusted every time she eats crickets because they are occasional we also now feed really small dubias but i dont think my parents are gonna like ordering more nutri grubs with the shipping price sadly nut ill ask

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
inky is 2-3 months old her current staple is mostly crickets they are dusted every time she eats crickets because they are occasional we also now feed really small dubias but i dont think my parents are gonna like ordering more nutri grubs with the shipping price sadly nut ill ask
Ok I understand+ you can use your dubias to lure her to the bowl - but she should be getting her calcium d 3 5 x per week lightly coated one time per feeding- are you using a long tube uvb?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Are you using the fixture that says nanotech on the outside of the reflector? If so, that's a pretty good fixture. You may not need to change anything if you have a good UVB bulb for the fixture. Is this the case? Or am I misunderstanding what you're using? If you can post a photo of your setup, it might be helpful.

LuisPalominor

I think it's good, because Inky could eat a wide range of live food such as crickets, mealworms and kingworms; vegetables such as sweet potato and pepper and leafy greens such as kale and parsley. Well, I know also information, they can also eat limited amounts of fruit.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom