Now its looking like ADV please assist.

Vexor1717

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Shenron
Hello, if you've seen my past posts you've seen my beardie has been fighting gout. Now I'm afraid he has ADV because of these new neurological seeming symptoms. Can he survive after this or is it too late? I understand that if he's suffering it is only humane to do what needs done. Today was the 1st nice day out and I was going to take him outside but now I'm afraid of stressing him out too bad. Any advice welcome. Also he mouth breathes and sinuses seem swollen.
20230412_160235.jpg
20230412_161038.jpg

Vexor1717

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Shenron
Hello,

I cant be positive this is what is causing the swelling to get worse, but, I believe it is a high
probability of the cause. Yes, the gout was already present before you started the critical care,
but if it has gotten worse since starting it I think a food alternative needs to be considered.
For now, just blend up some greens that you have at home, & see if you can get some black or
tart cherry juice extract. Or you can just use or purchase some organic baby foods so you don't
have to get a blender right now. Add just a small amount of calcium in with it. Giving food like
this wont add excess amounts of supplementation into his system.
Yes, don't give up yet, let's see if we can adjust his diet to see if that will help. Let us know how
he is doing & how the vet visit goes.

Tracie
Ok. I think currently I have endive and mustard greens. I can chop these up finely to a paste. I have been giving him tart cherryjuice daily. It also helps ensure he takes in enough fluids since I mix some in with his water. The calcium I have is without d3. I was advised to use the one without d3. What about protien doesn't he need a small amount at least? Which baby foods would be best if I go that route? Yes it's definitely worth a try and I am trying to scrape enough money together to take him to an exotic vet this week. He has been seeing a normal vet. Thank you for all your help.

Sophielius

Beardie name(s)
Raxtus
Hey! I just wanted to pop in about my experience with ADV. My baby boy tested positive for it when he was 3yo, four years ago, and has been on milk thistle ever since it was diagnosed. He's been doing very well these past four years on it. I hope you're able to help your boy recover well :)

As for the protein, I know that a lot of pet stores sell canned bugs (I've seen roaches, locusts, etc), perhaps you could get some and chop it into a paste? If you still want to use critical care, try and get the omnivore kind! It has no corn or soy (in case that's what's made the gout worse), and I'm sure going without protein for a little bit won't be very harmful if you can't make that happen

Vexor1717

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Shenron
Hey! I just wanted to pop in about my experience with ADV. My baby boy tested positive for it when he was 3yo, four years ago, and has been on milk thistle ever since it was diagnosed. He's been doing very well these past four years on it. I hope you're able to help your boy recover well :)

As for the protein, I know that a lot of pet stores sell canned bugs (I've seen roaches, locusts, etc), perhaps you could get some and chop it into a paste? If you still want to use critical care, try and get the omnivore kind! It has no corn or soy (in case that's what's made the gout worse), and I'm sure going without protein for a little bit won't be very harmful if you can't make that happen
Thank you. He's seeing an exotic vet tomorrow. Fingers crossed

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom