Now its looking like ADV please assist.

Vexor1717

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Shenron
Hello, if you've seen my past posts you've seen my beardie has been fighting gout. Now I'm afraid he has ADV because of these new neurological seeming symptoms. Can he survive after this or is it too late? I understand that if he's suffering it is only humane to do what needs done. Today was the 1st nice day out and I was going to take him outside but now I'm afraid of stressing him out too bad. Any advice welcome. Also he mouth breathes and sinuses seem swollen.
20230412_160235.jpg
20230412_161038.jpg

shmoomunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Scooby
Hello, if you've seen my past posts you've seen my beardie has been fighting gout. Now I'm afraid he has ADV because of these new neurological seeming symptoms. Can he survive after this or is it too late? I understand that if he's suffering it is only humane to do what needs done. Today was the 1st nice day out and I was going to take him outside but now I'm afraid of stressing him out too bad. Any advice welcome. Also he mouth breathes and sinuses seem swollen. View attachment 79562 View attachment 79563
He truly doesn't look like he is stargazing:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230412_181010_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230412_181010_Samsung Internet.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 53

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Please contact @Drache613 (Tracie) she is a vet tech and sells an inexpensive adv kit. I think it's done through a fecal sample.
They can live decent lives even with adv, but care is more demanding and critical. But i wouldn't consider having him euthanized without testing first.

Vexor1717

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Shenron
Please contact @Drache613 (Tracie) she is a vet tech and sells an inexpensive adv kit. I think it's done through a fecal sample.
They can live decent lives even with adv, but care is more demanding and critical. But i wouldn't consider having him euthanized without testing first.
No im definitely not jumping to that. He goes to a regular vet tomorrow. Will see what's up then. He's been through hell in his short life so far I feel terrible for him.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
They are tough though, i hope things get better for you both. Everyone here roots for them, he has a whole cheering section pulling for him 🙂

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I hope he is feeling better. He is on Allopurinol, correct, if I remember right?
Sometimes with gout, they can suffer from other ailments such as calcium absorption
problems or other vitamin & mineral deficiencies. Which calcium are you giving him, is
it a powder or a liquid currently?
It doesn't appear he is stargazing to me, either. If you decide that you want to get him
tested for adeno, I work in conjunction with a lab, who offers very affordable testing. You
can sign up on my page at:

www.thepats.info

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

Vexor1717

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Shenron
Hello,

I hope he is feeling better. He is on Allopurinol, correct, if I remember right?
Sometimes with gout, they can suffer from other ailments such as calcium absorption
problems or other vitamin & mineral deficiencies. Which calcium are you giving him, is
It doesn't appear he is stargazing to me, either. If you decide that you want to get him
tested for adeno, I work in conjunction with a lab, who offers very affordable testing. You

www.thepats.info

Tracie

Attachments

• IMG_20230413_190537.jpg
    IMG_20230413_190537.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 52

Vexor1717

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Shenron
Hello,

www.thepats.info

Tracie
Yes he is on Allopurinol. Right now his main food source is critical care herbivore. It has some calcium but ibstatted adding just a little more pre mix. This is what he was doing too. Also that mouth thing. Only thing is his isn't turning black.
IMG_20230413_190537.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Did he get worse once you started him on critical care? Can you post the ingredients or
the label here for me please?
Something is causing the swelling to get worse so quickly. How much calcium is he getting?

Tracie

Vexor1717

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Shenron
Hello,

Did he get worse once you started him on critical care? Can you post the ingredients or
the label here for me please?
Something is causing the swelling to get worse so quickly. How much calcium is he getting?

Tracie
Yes it did get worse after that but didn't think it to be caused by it. It's the herbivore kind. I started adding just a little calcium to his serving but not much.
Screenshot_20230415_045326_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Thanks for posting the label on the critical care. While it is a good product, it does contain
soybean hulls/meal, & soybean oil. Those types of ingredients unless otherwise specified,
will be genetically modified which can affect the organs.
Since you mentioned he did get worse after starting this, I would go ahead & start feeding
him some blended greens, sweet potatoes & squash, until smooth. You can also get some
chicken or turkey baby food to mix a little bit in with it.
Try to keep him hydrated also, daily to help his kidneys.

Tracie

Vexor1717

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Shenron
Hello,

Thanks for posting the label on the critical care. While it is a good product, it does contain
soybean hulls/meal, & soybean oil. Those types of ingredients unless otherwise specified,
will be genetically modified which can affect the organs.
Since you mentioned he did get worse after starting this, I would go ahead & start feeding
him some blended greens, sweet potatoes & squash, until smooth. You can also get some
chicken or turkey baby food to mix a little bit in with it.
Try to keep him hydrated also, daily to help his kidneys.

Tracie
I will be very nervous that I am not mixing the proper ratios etc. I can try this but it will be a few days before I can go get a blender and tbh every dime I have is going to be going towards him seeing an exotic vet for the 1st time this coming Thursday. I had actually given him critical care before when he was sick and had no adverse reactions but it was from the vet and it was a mix of herbivore and carnivore types. If you really think this is what may be effecting him I will try but he only eats when hand fed now. Can you tell me how to prepare this? Do I add calcium? Also when I said it got worse when he started on this I mean his toes continued to swell. This definitely isn't what started the gout. I know this is probably his last shot but I'm hoping the exotic vet can tell me something. I have to at least try. He's been seeing a regular vet this whole time. Thanks again!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I cant be positive this is what is causing the swelling to get worse, but, I believe it is a high
probability of the cause. Yes, the gout was already present before you started the critical care,
but if it has gotten worse since starting it I think a food alternative needs to be considered.
For now, just blend up some greens that you have at home, & see if you can get some black or
tart cherry juice extract. Or you can just use or purchase some organic baby foods so you don't
have to get a blender right now. Add just a small amount of calcium in with it. Giving food like
this wont add excess amounts of supplementation into his system.
Yes, don't give up yet, let's see if we can adjust his diet to see if that will help. Let us know how
he is doing & how the vet visit goes.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom