beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Hello again, everyone!

This month's theme is "Rainy Days". So, pull out your cameras and capture those pictures of your bearded dragons enjoying the rainy days! Thank you to @Pancake151 , for the theme suggestion.

Submissions are being accepted from now through Monday, November 21st! Voting will be November 22nd through November 29th. Winners will be announced on Wednesday, November 30th!

-- Please read all the rules/info below before posting/uploading --

How Do I Submit My Entry?​

Entries can be submitted by simply uploading them to the November Photo Competition media category. You must be registered and logged in to see the green "Add media" button.

Can I Submit a Photoshopped Image?​

Yes. In the past we had separate competitions between "unmodified" pictures and "photoshopped" pictures. We may return to that in the future, but for now, yes you may submit either an "unmodified" picture, or what that you've decorated up with your favorite photo editor!

How Many Can I Upload?​

Please limit your submissions to one photo per person. We used to allow one per dragon, but it felt unfair, in the context of a friendly photo competition, to those who only have one, while a few of you have 4-6 dragons. If you accidentally uploaded more than one photo, please delete the one(s) you didn't want to have submitted. Please, no collage images. This is too much like multiple pictures.

What Should I Post?​

Pictures of your beardie enjoying the Rainy Days!!! Please include pictures that only have your bearded dragon. Human hands/arms in the picture with your beardie will also be allowed. Ultimately, post whatever Rainy Day beardie picture you think other members will vote for!

What Should I NOT Post?​

Pictures that are not only bearded dragons. No people, cats, dogs, kids, etc. Please keep your submissions limited to bearded dragons! The exception is that human hands/arms can be in the pic with your beardie.

What If I Experience a Problem Uploading?​

Simply reply on this thread. I'll be watching it for any issues people have with the photo competition uploads.

What Do I Get If I Win?​

This competition is mostly just for fun and community! BUT...
  • First prize will get 1 year of ad-free access to the site (not compounded for prior winners, but will extend from date of new competition end).
  • Second prize will get 6 months of ad-free access to the site (not compounded for prior winners, but will extend from date of new competition end).
  • Third prize will get 3 months of ad-free access to the site (not compounded for prior winners, but will extend from date of new competition end).
  • First through third place will also all get a shiny banner/badge next to their name as a "Photo Comp Winner".
If you already enjoy ad-free access due to being an active member (more than 100 posts), I thank you for being a great part of the community, but there is nothing extra beyond the banner/badge.

I'm really looking forward to see what you all come up with! Good luck!

Last edited:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
BBAAAHHHHH unfair lol i live in Las Vegas it rains 🌧 twice per year here lol 😆 🙃. Maybe i can catch a cloudy day 😛😜

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
BBAAAHHHHH unfair lol i live in Las Vegas it rains 🌧 twice per year here lol 😆 🙃. Maybe i can catch a cloudy day 😛😜
I hear ya. Southern California for me. But I figured it was something most people could partake in.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
If i can't catch a cloudy or rainy day it will still be fun to see everyone else's pics. Although i do think New England and the Pacific Northwest has an advantage 😆 🤣.

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
Haha! Too bad I’m gonna beat y’all! Australia is going through a rainy season, so Cookie is gonna be prancing about in the rain while you are sitting inside sulking about the heat! (Insert sarcasm and boasting)

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Cookie needs a rain coat and galoshes. (2 pairs lol).
Dress up your beardie for rain. Grab a watering can and stage a “rainy day” shoot. Lol. It could work. The pros fake stuff like that all the time.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Ah! I'm at work but I have the picture for this. Its frozen in my state now but I have the photo...oh yes...

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
It's done

Could I submit a photo idea? Walking beardie, meaning you catch them taking steps. Doesn't have to be a walk outside, I love seeing beardie photos when they lift their goofy legs and are on the move

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
It's done

Could I submit a photo idea? Walking beardie, meaning you catch them taking steps. Doesn't have to be a walk outside, I love seeing beardie photos when they lift their goofy legs and are on the move
AHHHHHHHHHHHH yas

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom