Not sure whats going on with my girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drakodragon8

Original Poster
My bearded dragon Drako seems to be going through something and I can't pinpoint it. I believe she is about 7 or 8 month old possibly older. She is 17 inches long and weighs 412g. I got her in October and besides a few bumps here and there things have been good. She ate great, pooped great and grew fast. Now for about the past 3 weeks she has been off. It started with her slowing down on eating, which I thought was normal because she's getting older but now I'm lucky if she eats more then 2 or 3 bugs and a bite of salad. I've tried roaches, supers, crickets, silkworms, hornworms and even wax worms. She now hasn't pooped in a week when before she was a daily pooper. She's going to bed before her lights turn off. She does still get up in the morning and bask but she's not moving around that much. She is alert though and not black bearding. She does have some stress marks but she's always had those on and off. Im just really worried about her because of her not eating great when she used to be a very good eater. Is this normal behavior? Any ideas whats going on with her or am I overreacting? She's in a 4x2x2 with a 36" 12% arcadia uvb and 150 watt basking bulb. Her warm side is about 85 and her cool side is 76. I just moved her to her bigger tank a week ago so I would say its just some relocation stress but this started before I moved her besides the pooping. She also hasn't shed in about 2 months. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long post here's some pictures of my girl. Also want to add that she went to the vet the beginning of February before all of this started happening, everything was good, no overload of parasites and the well visit went well. The vet did say he thought she may be a bit older then I originally thought but everything else looked good. They did not do blood work. She started not eating well about a week or 2 after the visit.

Attachments

• 20220311_105125.jpg
    20220311_105125.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 109
  • 20220306_080648.jpg
    20220306_080648.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I thought she was too young to brumate, she's only 8 months maybe a little older. I got her in October and she was only 5 inches long and weighed 9g. So you think a blood test should be done?
She grew REALLY fast in those 6 months you had her and is actually on the chubby side. It sounds like the trip to the vet itself stressed her out and it's not a problem that she lost her strong appetite for a while. They are built to go through phases like this with no problem when they are a good weight + size.

Drakodragon8

Original Poster
She grew REALLY fast in those 6 months you had her and is actually on the chubby side. It sounds like the trip to the vet itself stressed her out and it's not a problem that she lost her strong appetite for a while. They are built to go through phases like this with no problem when they are a good weight + size.
Ok, yeah she is a bit chubby and she did grow super fast. That makes me feel so much better, she was extremely stressed out at the vet. She pooped on the way there and got it all over herself so they gave her a bath which she hates, so all around it was not fun for her. What do u think about calcium intake, how often should I be giving it to her, is daily too much seems how she's having hard urates? Thank you guys for your help and support, she's my buddy and I just want her to be ok!

Drakodragon8

Original Poster
I'd still offer it at least 1--2 X a week but always very lightly. Make sure she's hydrated as well. dripping water on her snout very slowly until she drinks.
Ok, I will start doing calcium twice a week and see if that helps. I give her water daily with a syringe type medicine dropper, im going to start doing that twice a day instead of once as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom