Not shedding back??

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
Hey yall, so Molly has been shedding for about a week, she has shed her tail, her legs and feet, but has not shed her back, stomach, and face, shes starting to shed a littleee around the mouth but thats it and its been a couple days since she shed her legs and tail, is it stuck?? or does it take awhile? Shes eating good, a little less bc she is shedding, her temps are right and shes pooping right, idk what it is.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey yall, so Molly has been shedding for about a week, she has shed her tail, her legs and feet, but has not shed her back, stomach, and face, shes starting to shed a littleee around the mouth but thats it and its been a couple days since she shed her legs and tail, is it stuck?? or does it take awhile? Shes eating good, a little less bc she is shedding, her temps are right and shes pooping right, idk what it is.
Dragons shed different parts of their bodies at different times - let her shed do it's thing

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Sheds get more patchy as they get older also.

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
Dragons shed different parts of their bodies at different times - let her shed do it's thing
I agree.
They shed different parts of they're body throughout different phases of they're lives.
When they are young they go for full body sheds.(not always)
When they get older not really. Every now and again they'll shed out apart of they're body.
Completely normal

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Very true, they really change how they go through sheds, when they get older. Give her time,
those areas will eventually shed. It sometimes helps to give a few baths if it is too dry like it gets
during the winter.

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bert_L
Top Bottom