Not pooping

Rascal hasn't pooped in over 2 weeks. Around 1 year 2 months old. Lighting is good. Arcadia T5 uvb inside the tank, basking spot 96-102. Eating well. Mixture of dubia's and silkworms, (Her favorite) with the odd hornworm for a treat/hydration. Bugs dusted with calcium/multi vitamin. Eats her greens pretty regularly. Otherwise, behavior is normal, just hasn't pooped in quite a while. How long do yours go without pooping?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Rascal hasn't pooped in over 2 weeks. Around 1 year 2 months old. Lighting is good. Arcadia T5 uvb inside the tank, basking spot 96-102. Eating well. Mixture of dubia's and silkworms, (Her favorite) with the odd hornworm for a treat/hydration. Bugs dusted with calcium/multi vitamin. Eats her greens pretty regularly. Otherwise, behavior is normal, just hasn't pooped in quite a while. How long do yours go without pooping?
Mine dont go poop for 3 weeks to a month --- depends -- if you want him to poop feed him some plain canned pumpkin -- or unsweetened applesauce -- or you can feed baby food pumpkin

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How are things going? As Karrie suggested, the canned pumpkin mixed with sugar free apple
sauce works very well. You can give a few baths weekly to get her to swim & exercise also to
help her out.
Does she still eat her greens or veggies regularly?

Tracie

Beardie name(s)
Glenn
Hi there,

I have a juvenile beardie and he didn’t poop the first three days or so when we brought him home but he did eventually. He usually poops once a day now or at max every other day.

Have you tried giving your beardie a bath? I find that if mind hasn’t pooped yet he almost always goes during a bath.

Mattie V

Oh I know this well! My guy is a year and since he stopped his major growth spurts he poops maybe every week to two weeks. He's lazy though but a good eater. His lighting and diet is good. He hates to poop in his enclosure so I take him out almost daily now to exercise. I was told canned pumpkin or olive oil. I tried olive oil but he won't take it

Bruce Wayne

Original Poster
Hello,

How are things going? As Karrie suggested, the canned pumpkin mixed with sugar free apple
sauce works very well. You can give a few baths weekly to get her to swim & exercise also to
help her out.
Does she still eat her greens or veggies regularly?

Tracie
She eats her greens pretty regularly. Tried the bath thing a few times, likes to swim around, but no poop. Tried raw pumpkin w/a drop or 2 of olive oil this morning. We'll see if that helps. (I've never seen her go after anything that fast, almost ripped the spoon out of my hand.) I am a bit paranoid as she has laid 2 separate clutches of about 25 eggs each in the last 2 months. Last clutch was about 2 weeks ago. Worried about egg binding. She is eating, active and seems generally happy. What are the signs of a lizard being "egg bound?"

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news to hear. The pumpkin mixed with a little bit of oil, usually helps out for them. I
imagine she probably feels quite a bit better now.
Let us know how she is doing & if you need more help.

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom