Not pooping correctly? And acting funny (Pic)

I have had my bearded dragon about 2 weeks. Since I have gotten her she hasn’t been big on eating. Some days she will eat a few Dubias and a couple wax worms. Other days she won’t eat anything at all. And she never eats more then a couple bites of greens.

I already made a post about her not eating in health section that also has pics of her set up. But after what I just seen I’m super worried.

She has only pooped twice in last week. I assumed not eating = no pooping. Yesterday she actually ate about 10 Dubias and 2 wax worms so I was super excited. Today just a couple wax worms and a bite of red bell pepper.

I just noticed her acting like she had to poop, so again, I was excited. Except there was no poop … and something looks off. I have a appointment next week to have her checked out, but not questing if I should be looking for a emergency vet.

Also after this “poop” she suddenly had a huge burst of energy. Normally she is basking or just laying up on a climb under the uvb tube, but right now she was basically doing circles around edge of terrarium as well as jumping from all her hide and climbs and such back and forth. Have never seen either of my dragons run around like that. Usually they are very chill and stay near the basking area or on a climb just very chill.

Attachments

• EEAF429D-F8F7-48A8-A23F-1F412ED41AE5.jpg
    EEAF429D-F8F7-48A8-A23F-1F412ED41AE5.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 120

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That could possibly be an undigested waxworm. This happens somewhat often. Do you know
if she chewed it up very well or not?
She is not acting ill right now?
It sounds like she will be fine, but, getting a fecal done on her isn't a bad idea just to be sure that
nothing else is going on with her right now.
Did you feed any different type of supplementation to her that could have caused all of this?

Tracie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have had my bearded dragon about 2 weeks. Since I have gotten her she hasn’t been big on eating. Some days she will eat a few Dubias and a couple wax worms. Other days she won’t eat anything at all. And she never eats more then a couple bites of greens.

I already made a post about her not eating in health section that also has pics of her set up. But after what I just seen I’m super worried.

She has only pooped twice in last week. I assumed not eating = no pooping. Yesterday she actually ate about 10 Dubias and 2 wax worms so I was super excited. Today just a couple wax worms and a bite of red bell pepper.

I just noticed her acting like she had to poop, so again, I was excited. Except there was no poop … and something looks off. I have a appointment next week to have her checked out, but not questing if I should be looking for a emergency vet.

Also after this “poop” she suddenly had a huge burst of energy. Normally she is basking or just laying up on a climb under the uvb tube, but right now she was basically doing circles around edge of terrarium as well as jumping from all her hide and climbs and such back and forth. Have never seen either of my dragons run around like that. Usually they are very chill and stay near the basking area or on a climb just very chill.
Please no enemas if you take her in ---- they can end in disaster -- take a fecal w/ you - a 24 hr sample- feed her some plain canned pumpkin w/ a drop of olive oil and honey in it that will make her go to the bathroom-- are you using a long tube fixture for a UVB ? What are the basking temps in the tank and how are you taking them? NO stick ons please - you want a digital probe thermometer

Andi_Braun

Original Poster
Hello,

That could possibly be an undigested waxworm. This happens somewhat often. Do you know
if she chewed it up very well or not?
She is not acting ill right now?
It sounds like she will be fine, but, getting a fecal done on her isn't a bad idea just to be sure that
nothing else is going on with her right now.
Did you feed any different type of supplementation to her that could have caused all of this?

Tracie
No she swallows them pretty quick. I think I’m being over paranoid. But she acts fine. Just minimal to no eating and minimal to no pooping. Today she is a lot more active then usual.

Just giving her multivitamin with d3 and calcium.

Her basking temp is 105, warm side mid 90s and cool side low 80s. Temps I double check with a probe directly under the light for 30 minutes. And a temp gun.

I did notice her not basking as much in the warm spot after I put a tall branch that got 4” under the reptisun 10.0 tube uvb she would try and “bask” under just the uvb, so I moved the branch to the cool side so only thing under the uvb to get on is her thick branch that is under the basking light. And she now seems more active and is back to “glass surfing”, just no eating yet.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
No she swallows them pretty quick. I think I’m being over paranoid. But she acts fine. Just minimal to no eating and minimal to no pooping. Today she is a lot more active then usual.

Just giving her multivitamin with d3 and calcium.

Her basking temp is 105, warm side mid 90s and cool side low 80s. Temps I double check with a probe directly under the light for 30 minutes. And a temp gun.

I did notice her not basking as much in the warm spot after I put a tall branch that got 4” under the reptisun 10.0 tube uvb she would try and “bask” under just the uvb, so I moved the branch to the cool side so only thing under the uvb to get on is her thick branch that is under the basking light. And she now seems more active and is back to “glass surfing”, just no eating yet.
She's going thru relocation stress- as long as she's eating some I wouldn't worry to much- and her doing everything else is good - she needs time to acclimate her tank and surroundings then her appetite will pick up- does she have stress marks on her stomach etc-

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She probably isn't chewing them up real well, so that is normal if they pass through them partially
or fully undigested!
The temperatures are very important & if she was possibly not staying warm enough then that can
affect her digestion, too. So, she is spending more time under her basking light now? As Karrie
suggested, give her a little more time. Some take longer than others, to become accustomed to a
new home. Keep us posted on her!

Tracie

Andi_Braun

Original Poster
Hello,

She probably isn't chewing them up real well, so that is normal if they pass through them partially
or fully undigested!
The temperatures are very important & if she was possibly not staying warm enough then that can
affect her digestion, too. So, she is spending more time under her basking light now? As Karrie
suggested, give her a little more time. Some take longer than others, to become accustomed to a
new home. Keep us posted on her!

Tracie
Yes, I ended up removing the new large branch that was under the uvb. So only things in there right now is the wood under basking/uvb and a large hide. So after yesterday she stayed under basking bulb about 70% of day and glass/wood surfed(melamine enclosure) the rest of the time. Still only ate 2 bugs. But took a very small normal poop. I did notice that since she is staying warmer under the basking bulb that her “stress” marks are basically gone.

Andi_Braun

Original Poster
8B5B7438-EAC7-4A69-801D-CB72DD60379C.jpeg

Right now have her tank simple and she seems more comfortable and active. Here is a pic, ignore the finger smudges I just had my hands all over the glass moving it around while putting in the shelf liner. If you notice anything off, please let me know.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom