Not pooping as much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
He's not being great about eating salads lately, he'll eat a couple of bites a day but never finishes it. I do spray the salad with water. I give him zoo med calcium without D3 2-3 times a week lightly dusted on his roaches. He gets repcal multivitamin once a week.
Ok so since hes a year old I would cut back on the calcium D3 to once a week and dust his insects w/ regular calcium w/ NO phosphorus to 2 times a week his vitamins should be ok since he is eating some of the salads - and your using a T 5 UVB correct?

rango101

Original Poster
Ok so since hes a year old I would cut back on the calcium D3 to once a week and dust his insects w/ regular calcium w/ NO phosphorus to 2 times a week his vitamins should be ok since he is eating some of the salads - and your using a T 5 UVB correct?
I don't ever use calcium with D3 he just gets plain calcium. Yeah the T5 is in a reflector inside the cage 11 inches from basking spot.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I got him when he was 5 months and I didn't since the vet told me not
I am going to ask AHBD about this and see what she thinks whether adding it in now would help - we always recommend D3 5 x per week dusted once on the insects then after a year old to 1-2 times per week depending on the UVB being used --

rango101

Original Poster
I am going to ask AHBD about this and see what she thinks whether adding it in now would help - we always recommend D3 5 x per week dusted once on the insects then after a year old to 1-2 times per week depending on the UVB being used --
Ok thanks, I take him to a board certified reptile vet and she told me any amount of D3 can cause toxicity, but I'd be curious to know if it's necessary even with good UVB.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok thanks, I take him to a board certified reptile vet and she told me any amount of D3 can cause toxicity, but I'd be curious to know if it's necessary even with good UVB.
I have asked AHBD to see what she thinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom