not growing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have had two bearded dragons for 2 months and i have kept them in the same 55 gal. tank because i am in the process of building a new Viv..the one is growing fast but the other one isn't growing much and it barely eats lettuce and Phoenix worms.. i don't know the sex of the bds if the one isnt growing does that mean its a male?

LJean

Extreme Poster
Doesn't mean it is a male because it isn't growing.

Does the little seemed stressed? Is the larger one getting all the bugs, or most of them?
Have you tried feeding them seperately?

All I can think of at the moment.

garnothegreat

Original Poster
i have tried to feed them in a seperate tank but the little one wont eat the crickets.the little one is more lazy and it will just lay there and the crickets will walk all over it.the bigger(yet still only a few months old at 7 inches long) likes to eat and will get most but still leaves 6-7 crickets. when it is in the actual sunlight it has more energy and scurry's around a bit...

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What type of lighting are you using for them? Are you using a UVB light, & if so what type & brand? Is it a flourescent tube bulb or a compact or coil light?

Tracie

LJean

Extreme Poster
Have you tried leaving the baby in the feeding container with just a few crickets at a time? Or maybe phoenix worms. Then leave the room for 5 minuts. This is the only way I could get my youngest dragon to eat. She would not eat when we were looking. Just something to try.

garnothegreat

Original Poster
about an hour ago i put in 10 pw and took out the bigger bd (Garno) and after several attempts to place the small one (Penelope) she finally noticed the pw and began to eat them. she got 5 down then noticed i was looking at her and stopped...i also put in 3 crickets but she didnt even try to eat them..

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Please let us know what type & brand of UVB Light you are using, is it a flourescent tube bulb or a compact or coil light? What type of basking light are you using, a bright white light or a colored light?

Tracie

LJean

Extreme Poster
garnothegreat":22e3f said:
about an hour ago i put in 10 pw and took out the bigger bd (Garno) and after several attempts to place the small one (Penelope) she finally noticed the pw and began to eat them. she got 5 down then noticed i was looking at her and stopped...i also put in 3 crickets but she didnt even try to eat them..

Maybe you have one of those shy eaters, LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom