not going to the bathroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
my 3 year old dragon is not going to the bathroom very often. im feeding him daily, veggies and crickets with calcium on them. im giving him water daily and batheing him once every two weeks. and i hardly ever feed him any worms of any kind even when i do is only like two and its only like once a month. his lights are fine i just changed them he is baskin at about 100 deg and has a reptisun 10.0. he is acting perfectly healthy and looks healthy too.(also his eating habbits havnt changed at all) can anyone give me advice on how to fix this and avoid it in the future.

P.S its been about 3-5 day since he has gone to the bathroom

thanks

russblaxr9

Original Poster
maybe this will help

How old is your dragon? 3 years
How long have you had your dragon? 3years
How long is your dragon? foot and a half give or take a few in
What is the sex of your dragon? male i think
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in? 40 gal
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank? repti carpet
Do you use UVB lights? yes
If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb?fluorescent tube
What is the brand name and number of your bulb? Wattage (if MVB)?dont know but is a 10.0 reptisun
How old is your UVB bulb? 3 months
How close can your dragon get to the UVB? to in
Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage? yes i think some kind of a ripti 100 watt
What are the basking temps? 100-105 on the hot side
What is the cool side temp? 80ish
Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun?stick and this wierd thing its almost like a peice of plastic/paper
Where exactly are you taking your basking temps? near where he likes to be
Do you use a heat rock or heat pad? no
What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific. letuce spanich crickets(live and frozen) and some fruit (worms but only once a month and only a few)
How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)? mornings and daily
Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc?yes
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them?yes i just sprinkle some calicum on my crickets when i buy them
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)? not really (maybe once a week and thats only maybe)
Do you bath your dragon? How often? yes once a month
Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath? i offer him water once a day
Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon? no
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done?no

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
You could up the baths to 2 or 3 times a week. That's what we do for our girls. He might be a little dehydrated and that's why he hasn't pooped in a while. Everything else looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom