not eating veg

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidneysix

Hatchling Member
i have searched all through this topic and cannot find much info on when it comes to adult bearded dragons who wont eat their veg,
the previous owners kept her on pellets so they very rarely fed live food and they never gave her veg or fruit. i have changed her diet to live food and offer veg and fruit everyday but she just ignore it.
1) how am i suppose to get her to eat it?
2) am i feeding her too much live food?
3) can i have some ideas on how much you guys feed your adults daily

osmbr

Hatchling Member
cut the veggies up small and mix it with pellets then gradually put more veggies than pellets but allways keep pellets so that she'll eat it and they are good salad topping for them haha so try that and see how it works

good luck :D

ballen0351

I have a similar problem she wont eat veggies at all. I got her from a pet store that had her for about a year and they only ever fed her crickets nothing else and now I cant get her to touch the veggies. Unless I hold a piece of veg in my hand and hold it infront of her then she will eat that 1 piece and then walk away and wont touch it again. She also wont eat other live food other then crickets.

sidneysix

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
mine has a mixture of locust and mealworms she will not eat crickets, i give her the occasional wax worm which she loves but trying to get her to eat veg is really hard!

osmbr

Hatchling Member
wait till she is a lil bigger and get some superworms alot better than mealworms. and u could also try dubias. my beardie loves them he wont even think to look at crickets anymore jahaha

I noticed that sometimes dragons go through mood swings in a way that they won't eat 1 certain thing for a week or two. I would definatly agree with mixing the veggies with the pellets. Also try to switch up the veggies your dragon may be infavor of 1 or 2 veggies and only eat them. Also feed the veggies in the morning so that your dragon is alittle bit more hungry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom