Not eating salad and laying in the dark

Alice_Angel

Beardie name(s)
Nugget
So i’ve had my beardie for a week and he/she doesn’t want salad. I’ve tried everything the bee pollen, feeding by hand, variety in the diet, using insects in the food bowl. Still can’t get a piece of salad in there. The last time she pooped was a week ago. So i’m also worried about that

Also the past 2 days he/she has been laying under the hide digging himself a little in the sand. *Yes i know that sand is super bad and this is the playsand the last owner gave to me and i’m looking for a replacement as soon aa possible.* But i don’t know why can someone please help me. The temperatures are during the day 27C° humidity is between 30 and 40% her basking area is 35C°. Can someone please help?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 98

smaugthebeardie3756

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Smaug
Basking temps and bulb? UVB bulb, coil or tube and what brand? Lighting is arguably the single biggest factor in their overall health so it is important to rule out improper lighting as a possible cause.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So i’ve had my beardie for a week and he/she doesn’t want salad. I’ve tried everything the bee pollen, feeding by hand, variety in the diet, using insects in the food bowl. Still can’t get a piece of salad in there. The last time she pooped was a week ago. So i’m also worried about that

Also the past 2 days he/she has been laying under the hide digging himself a little in the sand. *Yes i know that sand is super bad and this is the playsand the last owner gave to me and i’m looking for a replacement as soon aa possible.* But i don’t know why can someone please help me. The temperatures are during the day 27C° humidity is between 30 and 40% her basking area is 35C°. Can someone please help?
Ok your humidity is good - the 80 F is cool side ? If so thats good - the 95 F is good for surface basking temp- you want it 95--100 F on the surface of the basking decor- how are you taking these temps? Are you using a digital probe thermometer? Stick ons are only ambient temps and IR guns are good but do not read off of certain materials - if you do not have a digital I recommend you get two of them
Lets sex the dragon please post a pic of the dragon vent facing the camera w/ the dragon placed flat on a table w/ the tail in the air so we can see the vent --- then we can go from there w/ the digging etc -- we can talk about diet when we figure out what is going on w/ the digging- it could be nothing --- dragons can go for long periods of time w/ out pooping -- dehydration is key here as well but lets get thru one issue at a time for now

Beardie name(s)
Hazel
One other way to get the Gender of your Beardie is if you have a flash light then put it right at the beginning of your Beardies tail. Then of you lift then you would either see one big bulge, or circle then that is a female, if you see 2 then they are a male

Alice_Angel

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Nugget
Ok your humidity is good - the 80 F is cool side ? If so thats good - the 95 F is good for surface basking temp- you want it 95--100 F on the surface of the basking decor- how are you taking these temps? Are you using a digital probe thermometer? Stick ons are only ambient temps and IR guns are good but do not read off of certain materials - if you do not have a digital I recommend you get two of them
Lets sex the dragon please post a pic of the dragon vent facing the camera w/ the dragon placed flat on a table w/ the tail in the air so we can see the vent --- then we can go from there w/ the digging etc -- we can talk about diet when we figure out what is going on w/ the digging- it could be nothing --- dragons can go for long periods of time w/ out pooping -- dehydration is key here as well but lets get thru one issue at a time for now
Thank you all for replying. I’m using a digital probe thermometer. This morning he finally pooped and it looked all good and healthy. I’ve also tried to take a picture under his tail but it really stresses him out, so this picture isn’t my beardie but looks exactly like it.

Attachments

• 5D6B3B8C-064D-4177-83C2-1CF5BBA4BFCA.jpeg
    5D6B3B8C-064D-4177-83C2-1CF5BBA4BFCA.jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 74

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thank you all for replying. I’m using a digital probe thermometer. This morning he finally pooped and it looked all good and healthy. I’ve also tried to take a picture under his tail but it really stresses him out, so this picture isn’t my beardie but looks exactly like it.
Looks male -- he has two bumps

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom