Not eating and hiding more.

Leilani.n.buddy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
buddy
So buddy has been recently for the past week been hiding in his box and going to sleep early, he basks too but he wont eat sometimes i has to make him eat. he rarely eats his mealworms, im not sure if it because im not buying pure organic kale or whats going on i hand fed him some carrot strips today, if anyone can let me know whats going on id appreciate it, its currently 6pm and hes already trying to go to bed. thank you

Last edited:

Leilani.n.buddy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
buddy
401854-right-1.jpg

i got this but in 18in they didnt provide 24"

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
View attachment 80099
i got this but in 18in they didnt provide 24"
This is a T 8 it will work but please change out the bulb to a Reptisun 10.0 T 8 the quality of the bulb is way better than the Zilla brand---- you are going to want to upgrade this fixture to a 24" T5 -- this T 8 UVB needs to go inside the tank the T 8's are not strong enough to go thru screen--- it needs to be placed directly over the basking decor piece 6-8 inches- this bulb will need to be changed out in approx 5 months -- here are some things to hang w/ long plastic zip ties --- fishing line--- 3 M Velcro fasteners-- picture hanging wire --- please take the cover off the fixture and leave it off --- or take the screen off and have the UVB unobstructed --- it can sit vertically on the tank as long as the dragon can get directly under it 6-8 inches--

Leilani.n.buddy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
buddy
This is a T 8 it will work but please change out the bulb to a Reptisun 10.0 T 8 the quality of the bulb is way better than the Zilla brand---- you are going to want to upgrade this fixture to a 24" T5 -- this T 8 UVB needs to go inside the tank the T 8's are not strong enough to go thru screen--- it needs to be placed directly over the basking decor piece 6-8 inches- this bulb will need to be changed out in approx 5 months -- here are some things to hang w/ long plastic zip ties --- fishing line--- 3 M Velcro fasteners-- picture hanging wire --- please take the cover off the fixture and leave it off --- or take the screen off and have the UVB unobstructed --- it can sit vertically on the tank as long as the dragon can get directly under it 6-8 inches--
i got the zoomed T 8 at petsmart they had a small area, but ill 100% go back to see if they hold the 24"

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
i got the zoomed T 8 at petsmart they had a small area, but ill 100% go back to see if they hold the 24"
You got the Zoo Med Reptisun bulb T8 bulb? Looks like this Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T8
Most Pet Smarts dont carry Zoo Med 24" fixtures but you can get this fixture that is really good
Arcadia Reptile ProT5 UV-B Kit | reptile Light Fixtures | PetSmart you want the 24 watt 12% bulb these fixtures are different - the T 8's take a fatter bulb whereas the T 5's are skinny

Leilani.n.buddy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
buddy

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
do they sell the zoo med 24' at petco, i went to my local petco and they didnt have it.
None of the Petcos or PetSmarts carry the 24" fixture that I know of --- some will but it is scarce you haft to look but the Arcadia Pro T 5 is a excellent fixture and bulb --- your Reptisun T 5 bulbs will interchange w/ that fixture --- I would check your Pet Smart

Leilani.n.buddy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
buddy
Ill see if i can find it online though i have to wait until i get paid how long do u think he will go without getting a bone disease.. i really am worried about that and how it works.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ill see if i can find it online though i have to wait until i get paid how long do u think he will go without getting a bone disease.. i really am worried about that and how it works.
Use the Zilla fixture w/ the Reptisun bulb till you get the T 5
here are 3 UVB's for you that are good ones and recommended on this forum
24 " Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood change the 5.0 bulb out that it comes w/ to this 22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
available at Pet Smart I posted above
Arcadia Reptile ProT5 UV-B Kit | reptile Light Fixtures | PetSmart
or this one you want the 2 ft or 24" you will need to change the bulb out to the Reptisun posted above
https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster...mp.html?opts=eyJhdHRyaWJ1dGU5MDEiOiI2NjEwIn0=
Placement and distance will be determined by the screen on the tank please post so I can help you get it placed when you change it out

Leilani.n.buddy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
buddy
Use the Zilla fixture w/ the Reptisun bulb till you get the T 5
here are 3 UVB's for you that are good ones and recommended on this forum
24 " Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood change the 5.0 bulb out that it comes w/ to this 22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
available at Pet Smart I posted above
Arcadia Reptile ProT5 UV-B Kit | reptile Light Fixtures | PetSmart
or this one you want the 2 ft or 24" you will need to change the bulb out to the Reptisun posted above
https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster...mp.html?opts=eyJhdHRyaWJ1dGU5MDEiOiI2NjEwIn0=
Placement and distance will be determined by the screen on the tank please post so I can help you get it placed when you change it out
Thank you, ill let my mother know about this!

Leilani.n.buddy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
buddy
So i told my mother about the bulb she doesn't have the money right now, but i have been taking notes on buddy, he has been basking more he hasnt been eating as much, rarely id say once a day he wont finish his food like he normally does.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So i told my mother about the bulb she doesn't have the money right now, but i have been taking notes on buddy, he has been basking more he hasnt been eating as much, rarely id say once a day he wont finish his food like he normally does.
If it's nice outside take him out- direct sun 15 min or longer- if using a container NO GLASS-- he needs to be supervised- you don't want him getting too hot or a predator getting him-

Leilani.n.buddy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
buddy
I'm so sorry for this late reply he's doing so much better, he's eating more and basking more, I thank you, guys, enough for letting me know that he wasn't getting enough UVB, but is it possible for him to..have a lower IQ I've seen other bearded dragons behave differently than him, more entertaining, he's not that way, I tried training him when he was a baby but he wouldn't do anything.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom