Not eating and hiding more.

Leilani.n.buddy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
buddy
So buddy has been recently for the past week been hiding in his box and going to sleep early, he basks too but he wont eat sometimes i has to make him eat. he rarely eats his mealworms, im not sure if it because im not buying pure organic kale or whats going on i hand fed him some carrot strips today, if anyone can let me know whats going on id appreciate it, its currently 6pm and hes already trying to go to bed. thank you

Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So buddy has been recently for the past week been hiding in his box and going to sleep early, he basks too but he wont eat sometimes i has to make him eat. he rarely eats his mealworms, im not sure if it because im not buying pure organic kale or whats going on i hand fed him some carrot strips today, if anyone can let me know whats going on id appreciate it, its currently 6pm and hes already trying to go to bed. thank you
Could be the weather- rainy weather makes them more lazy- what kind of uvb are you using a coil or a long tube fixture-- surface basking temps how are you getting them? Stick ons are inaccurate -

Leilani.n.buddy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
buddy
Could be the weather- rainy weather makes them more lazy- what kind of uvb are you using a coil or a long tube fixture-- surface basking temps how are you getting them? Stick ons are inaccurate -
for the past 2 weeks its been blazing hot in florida it just recently started raining again and lots of cloudy skies, im not sure what kind of uvb it is ill provide a photo, and the temp in his cage is from 99-107 so its always warm i have a thermo gun i use to test his basking spot. also when hes in his cage he act like he doesnt wanna be in there he turns dark and as soon as i pick him up hes yellow and bright

Attachments

• 61GHkLOD0DL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
    61GHkLOD0DL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
for the past 2 weeks its been blazing hot in florida it just recently started raining again and lots of cloudy skies, im not sure what kind of uvb it is ill provide a photo, and the temp in his cage is from 99-107 so its always warm i have a thermo gun i use to test his basking spot.
Please replace the coil uvb- your dragon is not getting any uvb- the coils are inadequate and will cause all kinds of health issues - you want a long tube fixture--
24" fixture for a 40 + gallon tank-- there are 3 recommended on this forum -
24 " this comes w/ a 5.0 bulb you will need the bulb I post
22" Reptisun Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO High Output Fluorescent Bulb
or this one from Pet Smart you want the 24 watt 12% bulb
Arcadia Reptile ProT5 UV-B Kit | reptile Light Fixtures | PetSmart
or this one please change the bulb out to the Reptisun above - you need the 2ft or 24"
https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster-nanotech-t5-ho-fixture-with-6400k-lamp.html
Please get this changed out right away --- please post back on here when you get the UVB I will help you get it placed for the tank - your screen will determine where it is placed and distanced

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your boy doing today? Were you able to purchase a new UVB light for him?
Lighting, overall heating & brightness makes such a huge difference in behavior, color
& appetite. What is his age?

Tracie

Leilani.n.buddy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
buddy
Hello,

How is your boy doing today? Were you able to purchase a new UVB light for him?
Lighting, overall heating & brightness makes such a huge difference in behavior, color
& appetite. What is his age?

Tracie
He is doing a bit better, i bought the correct uvb he still likes to sleep a lot, he just turned a year this past april id say april 20th, he starting to eat more

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
He is doing a bit better, i bought the correct uvb he still likes to sleep a lot, he just turned a year this past april id say april 20th, he starting to eat more
What uvb did you get and where is it? Top of screen? Inside the tank? Your screen on the tank will determine where the uvb goes

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom