Not eating and diharrea! Is this relocation stress?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, im new to the forum just got a baby beardie 3 days ago named reptar who has stopped eating and jad diharrea. Shes in the zilla deluxe bearded dragon starter kit, which comes with 3 bulbs but im awaiting a mercury vapor bulb in the mail because i dont like that it has a coil flourescent though it claims to not have the harmful light frequency. Im not sure on temps cause some threads say cooler temps for babies so they dont dehydrate, others say warmer to promote growth, can someone clarify? Hot side is about 100 cool side 88 im using a zoomed digital thermometer the point and click kind. Day 1 reptar ate and hunted normally but not much, i hear babies can have a huge appetite this wasnt that. Maybe 10-15 baby crickets Then day 2 i woke up and cleaned a solid stool but reptar wasnt catching crickets and that eve had diharrea. I thought it was too hard to hunt in 20gal with crickets hiding in the log, but then i tried today to take her in a smaller tank for feeding to make it easy and no dice. Today still not eating and her poop was a bit more solid but not much poop cause she stopped eating. Is this relocation stress? Cause shes a tiny baby, i have a pic next to marbles for reference but she has active energy, i couldnt get her to pose by the marbles she kept scurrying off... uhh also can anyone explain to me how i can post pictures to help? Shes like 5-6 grams

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree it's probably stress....I also answered your thread in the E.R. It's best to wait a bit before taking to a vet, esp. a tiny baby. An inexperienced vet can sometimes do more harm than good and cost you a lot of money for nothing.

Baconbits1204

Original Poster
These first few days just collard greens and kale which hes not biting, i. Thinking i may try fruit just to coax him. While i am prepared to see the vet it would suck to blow the emergency vet fund on something that may just be normal and like you say cause harm. Can diharrea be a relocation stress symptom? Also the new bulb just arrived hoping she likes it

Baconbits1204

Original Poster
88270-9059145189.jpg
88270-4273842382.jpg
pics came out upside down for some reason, i popped a mini dehumidifier in his cage quickly to try and controll that

Baconbits1204

Original Poster
Zoomed excavator substrate, its basically clay and when i take her out to feed i run a shopvac in there to make sure there is no loose substrate

Baconbits1204

Original Poster
Instructions say that after 24 hours its solid enough for the dragon but can take a week to dry completely which i think is the cause of the humidity spike, i set it up the day before i got reptar but im thinking i should have waited a bit more

vulcan2016

Hatchling Member
yeah that makes sense the dehumidifier will help get it close to the right humidity but you want to get the hydrometer asap so you know exactly what it is.

Baconbits1204

Original Poster
So just to update reptar ate just 1 cricket yesterday, ive been putting davs of baby food on her nose for her to lick off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom