not eating after laying eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beledorus

My Female laid 3 days ago her first eggs ( she's 1,6y old ). Despite the fact that she has laid 6 eggs, she looks tired for the first two days. Right now she's looks better but still don't want to eat anything. After taking a bath today , she did poop but still I'm worried if she shouldn't lay more than 6 eggs ? got worried that she might get may have an egg-bound.
Just in case I've booked appointment with vet for next Monday. But not sure if that's something normal or I'm just panicking.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is good you have a vet appointment for next week, just to be sure there aren't any
problems going on.
It can be normal for them to lay just a few eggs, but it is still a possibility there still are some
eggs left that haven't been laid yet. Do you have a lay box for her?
Do you give a calcium supplementation regularly? Which UVB are you using for her?
Has her beard been darker than usual or normal colored?

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

Beledorus

Original Poster
She got quite deep substrate - around 12cm( so she didn't have problem to find space for eggs ). She's bright so far , no stress marks no black beard I'm using T5 12% UVB . For last two days was giving her 0.2ml of liquid calcium.

109709-1037763367.jpg

Tank on the top is her

109709-7449205285.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That sounds good! Has she laid anymore eggs at all?
The laybox sounds like it should be deep enough then. It takes a little bit of time for them to
start to get teir appetite but she should begin to eat again. Hopefully she doesn't have anymore
eggs to lay!
Are you still giving her the liquid calcium daily?

Tracie

Beledorus

Original Poster
Hey
She's eating squash with chicken when you place on her nose.. and eating a lot but somehow is not interested with veggies or living food . She's getting her calcium daily. Laying most of the day under basking lamp.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is her weight, is it stable or has she gained or lost any weight?
For now, until she starts eating on her own again, definitely keep giving some
supplemental foods as you already are just to keep up her nutrition.
I hope she is feeling better soon & keep us posted on her.

Tracie

Beledorus

Original Poster
Before she got 430g , after laying eggs 389.
She looks normal atm, not eating her usual food yet tho.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, that weight isn't bad so if she isn't gaining weight she probably doesn't have anymore
eggs right now.
Are her colors good, no black beard, etc? You can try adding in some black strap molasses,
or bee pollen to help with appetite.

Tracie

Beledorus

Original Poster
After visiting Vet
She still got some eggs inside ( around 5-6) , they tried to use hormones to help her to ley them but that didn't work. On 11/10 got surgery - they wants to remove eggs and ovaries. If by any chance she lay those eggs before Monday that could be avoided .

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh no, poor girl! That is too bad she wasn't able to lay them.
If the hormone oxytocin did not work, spaying is usually the best option.
Let us know how she is doing. Definitely post the x-rays if you can!

Tracie

Beledorus

Original Poster
Didn't took x-ray with me , gonna ask for it on Monday. So far she's looking good , walking around and eating pre-mixed food ( not living one tho yet) .

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, please ask for the xrays ASAP. All xrays belong to you, whether at your Dr. or your vet. I ask because I have seen threads where a vet wanted to spay when there were no actual eggs in the beardie after they said there were. If your dragon is acting fine I'm not sure spaying is necessary. You'll have to make that decision yourself though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom