Nose Infection?? help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m worried about my female Sally, I helped her with her nostrils skin and the next day it looked scabbed over and kinda a yellow stuff coming out when I press on it. I’ve been cleaning it and trying my best to keep it clean and put gel on it to keep it healing. I’m wondering if I should jus t leave it be and let it heal? Or how this even happened?? Can she still breath??? I did notice she breaths like a gulp when I touch it like it hurts. I feel air ont he other. I’m jus t wondering what more I can do.

Attachments

• 961395D2-5948-4B17-B6B0-34717837E6DC.jpeg
    961395D2-5948-4B17-B6B0-34717837E6DC.jpeg
    118 KB · Views: 341

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It does look like there is a bit of raw skin there. Hopefully it will heal over quickly and not cause any problems. You could probably put some plain neosporin on it (no additive painkillers) or even a bit of raw/unpasteurized honey should help it heal and protect it a bit. Be on the lookout for swelling or redness increasing around the area.

AmethystFrog

Original Poster
Thank you, I do my best to clean it and keep it clean and out neosporin on it. I clean it when I don’t see any yellow stuff come out then whip it clean. What is reptile safe to use ?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's good that you're able to keep the wound clean. What is it you're looking to use that is retpile safe?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh, alcohol wipes. No, I wouldn't use those since they would probably sting. You probably won't need to mess with it much as long as she isn't rubbing her nose in dirt or along dirty surfaces etc. Just applying neosporin with a q-tip should do. If the area does get dirty, I'd probably use some saline to rinse it off and maybe wipe it gently with a saline coated q-tip then reapply the neosporin.

AmethystFrog

Original Poster
So do their owies hurt like ours? She dosent wanna hold still when I’m cleaning it so I’m assuming so.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would imagine they have similar pain receptors around wounds. They definitely don't like us fussing with them. That's why I recommend avoiding alcohol wipes or anything that would sting if it can be avoided.

AmethystFrog

Original Poster
Okay well thanks for the info. I hate when my baby’s are hurt and I was like dang it. I am sure there is a peace of skin in there but I’ll let her do that and jus t keep area clean.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I think it will work itself out, and her beard is still a nice bright orange so she isn't likely in too much distress over it. They're tough little ones =)

AmethystFrog

Original Poster
Okay, about the beard is she always gonna have orange and if she is upset? Also I have a simi baby juvenile bearded boy and she is nodding at him and he her. Wtf he can’t even if he tryed.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Generally, bright white and orange/yellow along the beard means they are content or happy. If their beard goes jet black it typically indicates irritation or distress. The nodding between eachother is them communicating. As long as they are kept apart it shouldn't pose any issues. Might see some black bearding or beard flaring and head bobbing at times though.

AmethystFrog

Original Poster
k, she did just have 21 baby’s and didn’t lay in the dog box she layed em where I almost couldent get em. But she just goes and lays in dig box Idn why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom