nosdormu hurt herself AGAIN! ankle swelling

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
i dont know what she did this time, heavy limping. ankle is swollen and she flinches when i touch it.
she was just at the vet, they cant see her again for a while (major back log).

she lost some weight on her change from protine rich to more greens and now with her leg hurt she isnt hunting.
i have made her a little basking spot outside of her enclosure in the living room, pressure cooked green beans/carrots/spinich and ordered some calorie paste that ive spread on her food. ive tried to giver her everything next to her so she does not need to move.

in the bath she has full range on the leg when swimming but wont put weight on her foot.

what else should i do?
her right leg is what she hurt. you can see its size difference compared to her left.

Attachments

• 20220313_214936.jpg
    20220313_214936.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 143
  • 20220313_214927.jpg
    20220313_214927.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 20220313_214942.jpg
    20220313_214942.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 64

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
i dont know what she did this time, heavy limping. ankle is swollen and she flinches when i touch it.
she was just at the vet, they cant see her again for a while (major back log).

she lost some weight on her change from protine rich to more greens and now with her leg hurt she isnt hunting.
i have made her a little basking spot outside of her enclosure in the living room, pressure cooked green beans/carrots/spinich and ordered some calorie paste that ive spread on her food. ive tried to giver her everything next to her so she does not need to move.

in the bath she has full range on the leg when swimming but wont put weight on her foot.

what else should i do?
her right leg is what she hurt. you can see its size difference compared to her left.
Yes it looks swollen-- does she have a hammock in the tank? Also please you dont need to cook the veggies please feed them raw - and please no more spinach or at least no as a staple - here is a website for nutrition please ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
Nutrition Content
What kind of UVB are you using ? And is it in the tank or top of screen? Brand and bulb please

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
uvb is a 36" t5 10.0 from reptisun iirc. just ordered a new one the other day. this one is about 7 months old. heat lamps are halogen, about 110f in basking spot. she does not have a hammock, just logs to climb up.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
uvb is a 36" t5 10.0 from reptisun iirc. just ordered a new one the other day. this one is about 7 months old. heat lamps are halogen, about 110f in basking spot. she does not have a hammock, just logs to climb up.
Ok what did you order a new bulb ? The screen on the tank is a fine mesh like a screen door or a wide hole type? W / her not having a hammock are you using reptile carpet ? I am trying to narrow the cause down for the swelling- this is the only foot/ leg that is swollen ? With her not putting weight on the foot means its hurting - does she flinch when you touch it? Are you feeding dubia roaches? I am wondering if its gout but the only way to find out would be a blood test done to test for uric acid levels? But I want to narrow out other causes --

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
she does have a roach colony. she was in for her annual check up about two months ago. blood work came back as a big high in protines - which is what prompted a change to more greens in diet. she really likes kale. she has carpet (like wet/dry porch carpet) and she spends a good amount of time running about the house as well. she enjoys sitting on her heat pad in the living room window, watching the people/birds outside.

she does flinch a bit if i pinch it, just touching it does not cause her to react however. IF she gets herself into a spot where she needs that leg, like climbing, she does put some weight on it but ive tried to remove/limit the areas where she could climb. right now i have her setup on the dining room floor with her lamps - away from anything she might want to climb on. she seems content to munch on her salads and bask for rihgt now.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
she does have a roach colony. she was in for her annual check up about two months ago. blood work came back as a big high in protines - which is what prompted a change to more greens in diet. she really likes kale. she has carpet (like wet/dry porch carpet) and she spends a good amount of time running about the house as well. she enjoys sitting on her heat pad in the living room window, watching the people/birds outside.

she does flinch a bit if i pinch it, just touching it does not cause her to react however. IF she gets herself into a spot where she needs that leg, like climbing, she does put some weight on it but ive tried to remove/limit the areas where she could climb. right now i have her setup on the dining room floor with her lamps - away from anything she might want to climb on. she seems content to munch on her salads and bask for rihgt now.
Ok then let's see what Tracie has to say shes our vet tech- I am wondering now if she's sprained it pulling her nail from the carpet- this seems to happen alot w/ hammocks and carpet-
@Drache613

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
perhaps. she has her nails trimmed so they are not very pointy, enough to get purchase when climbing but not enough to snag on the carpet fibers i dont think.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your girl doing today? Is she still limping?
A lot of them do seem to catch their nails in hammocks, carpets, etc & often injure themselves trying to rip themselves free.
If you can post a copy of her bloodwork for me, that would be terrific. Just so I can view the overall results & other values, too
for better analysis.
How is her appetite doing?

Tracie

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I don't have a copy of the blood work, I've been trying to get it for a while but then bed is so damn backed up I can't really get good communication.

We just woke up and she's getting her morning bath, I'll see how her appetite is but she's been going pretty hard for green beans as of late

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She is using her leg more right now, holding it more in a normal position rather than stretched out. I can't tell if the swelling went down or not though, she still limps while walking around but not quite as bad

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
she seems to be walking more normal now. minimal limping and the swelling seems to be nearly gone. she must have sprained it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom