Normal stool, followed by diarrhea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Which UVB light are you using, what brand is it & is it a tube bulb or a compact/coil light?
How are you measuring the temperatures, with a digital probe or a temp gun?
They can have looser stools or just urates somewhat often. Is this a daily occurrence?
What type of foods are you feeding him?

Tracie

19nick93

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
18" Reptisun 10.0 tube mounted inside the cage, 6-7 inches away from his basking spot. I'm using a zoomed digital thermometer which seems very accurate. I put the probe directly on his basking spot and it reads 101-109. I am feeding collard greens, dubias, crickets, pheonix worms. He is very active and has a good appetite, his first stool is normal but he has a small amount of diarrhea after that. He is in full shed at the moment too. Also, I bathe him every other day.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Everything sounds good on your setup, no problem there.
Is it a full normal sized stool adequate for the amount of food he is eating? He wouldn't be partially impacted would he?
Sometimes that can happen though, after having a large stool, it may follow with other liquids etc. If his appetite is very good & he is eating the appropriately sized insects it doesn't sound like he is impacted.
You could consider getting a fecal done on him just to check for parasites & or worms.

Tracie

19nick93

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes it's an adequate stool size for the amount of food he's eating. Plus I bathe him frequently so that should clear up any impaction he may have right? The 15th will mark the 1 month period I've had him, so maybe he could still be adjusting? I heard it can take weeks depending on the Dragon. I handle him everyday, he has never displayed any aggressiveness whatsoever so that's good too.. I might add, he still has very dark stress marks on his beard/belly. It's strange though, they will clear up then come back. I've noticed at night when the lights go out the marks will completely dissappear. They come in very dark when he is basking. Your thoughts? Thank you very much by the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom