Normal poop?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
He's been acting like this for like a whole year in and out of brumation behavior it is very strange indeed.
Have not heard of a dragon doing this -- low temps in the tank will cause sleepy behavior- what is the cool side temp during the day?

Ryno2389

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Taliford
You only need one --- and you said its 10 inches -- is he basking under the UVB? Is he basking and for how long? How big is the tank? If its 40 gallon or bigger I would look at upgrading the UVB to a 24" fixture w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 --
It's like 4 ft long 2 ft wide 20 inches high it's pretty big

Attachments

• 20230223_182353.jpg
    20230223_182353.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 48

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
It's like 4 ft long 2 ft wide 20 inches high it's pretty big
Ok so I have not seen a fixture like this --- what brand please -- and there needs to be a piece of basking decor directly under the UVB 6-8 inches sorry the 10 is too high- for a T 8 -- please upgrade your UVB I can post links for you for 3 good UVB's -- I am thinking this is causing all the weird behavior

Ryno2389

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Taliford
Ok so I have not seen a fixture like this --- what brand please -- and there needs to be a piece of basking decor directly under the UVB 6-8 inches sorry the 10 is too high- for a T 8 -- please upgrade your UVB I can post links for you for 3 good UVB's -- I am thinking this is causing all the weird behavior
Ok sounds good thank you so much

Ryno2389

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Taliford
Have not heard of a dragon doing this -- low temps in the tank will cause sleepy behavior- what is the cool side temp during the day?
78 cool side like 80 in the middle around 100 on the hot side I'll go out to the shed and get the other thermoters and stick them in there and see what the readings are with those. So do the uvbs need to be lowered even more than that? And I'll definitely upgrade to the other ones you mentioned. Is it possible he gets to much uvb light? And what do you mean by basking decor? like a place to bask on?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
78 cool side like 80 in the middle around 100 on the hot side I'll go out to the shed and get the other thermoters and stick them in there and see what the readings are with those. So do the uvbs need to be lowered even more than that? And I'll definitely upgrade to the other ones you mentioned. Is it possible he gets to much uvb light? And what do you mean by basking decor? like a place to bask on?
You want one of these for UVB's
24" Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ a 12 % bulb found at Pet Smart
24 or 2 ft Sunblaster Nano Tech you will need to change the bulb out to the Reptisun 10.0 T 5
or this one 24" Zoo Med comes w/a 5.0 bulb you want the Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb

Yes piece of basking decor directly under it 6-8 inches -- I wouldnt think hes getting too much UVB from 2 but its possible --

Ryno2389

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Taliford
You want one of these for UVB's
24" Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ a 12 % bulb found at Pet Smart
24 or 2 ft Sunblaster Nano Tech you will need to change the bulb out to the Reptisun 10.0 T 5
or this one 24" Zoo Med comes w/a 5.0 bulb you want the Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb

Yes piece of basking decor directly under it 6-8 inches -- I wouldnt think hes getting too much UVB from 2 but its possible --
I know it looks ghetto but is this hight ok for now? And what's the difference between t8 and t5 just curious and much appreciated again thank u

Attachments

• 20230223_185632.jpg
    20230223_185632.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 60

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I know it looks ghetto but is this hight ok for now? And what's the difference between t8 and t5 just curious and much appreciated again thank u
Interesting concept of hanging :)-- T 5 's are a stronger bulb-- expiration is approx 1 yr versus 6 months and depending on the screen can sit on top- what is distance now from fixture to floor?

Ryno2389

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Taliford
Interesting concept of hanging :)-- T 5 's are a stronger bulb-- expiration is approx 1 yr versus 6 months and depending on the screen can sit on top- what is distance now from fixture to floor?
Like 8 inches lol looks ghetto tho. I think for now I might go get something to put on the bottom of the floor to raise the bottom up like 5 inches all around then when I get the money I'll get that 24 incher

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Like 8 inches lol looks ghetto tho. I think for now I might go get something to put on the bottom of the floor to raise the bottom up like 5 inches all around then when I get the money I'll get that 24 incher
Ok you don't want the uvb closer than 6" -

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom