Noodles!

NoodlesTheDestroyer

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Noodles
Ok so w/ the screen on the tanks is it a fine mesh like a screen door or a wide hole type? This will make a difference in those rays- we need them to be spot on w/ placement and distance
It is a screen. We have to replace it though because our cat broke through it and tried to cuddle with Noodles 🤣. We have him in another room with a closed door for now. Eventually we want to get another Zen habitat so we can stack them with a divider in the middle for the lights, but that's a financial commitment we can't make at the moment.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It is a screen. We have to replace it though because our cat broke through it and tried to cuddle with Noodles 🤣. We have him in another room with a closed door for now. Eventually we want to get another Zen habitat so we can stack them with a divider in the middle for the lights, but that's a financial commitment we can't make at the moment.
It needs to be unobstructed for a T 8 distance 6-8 inches directly over the decor--- for a T 5 in the tank 12-15 inches directly over the decor -- the screen is blocking 30% of the rays --

NoodlesTheDestroyer

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Noodles
It needs to be unobstructed for a T 8 distance 6-8 inches directly over the decor--- for a T 5 in the tank 12-15 inches directly over the decor -- the screen is blocking 30% of the rays --
So you're saying we should have the lights inside the tank under the screen? I thought that was dangerous?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So you're saying we should have the lights inside the tank under the screen? I thought that was dangerous?
yes to inside and no its not dangerous as long as you correctly place and distance the decor -- the dragon is not getting adequate UVB w/ the T 8 on top of the screen - you can take the screen off if you like and can - T 5's can go on top of the screen BUT the screen must be a wide hole if its a fine screen then it too needs to be inside or unobstructed

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom