Noodles!

NoodlesTheDestroyer

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Noodles
Ok so w/ the screen on the tanks is it a fine mesh like a screen door or a wide hole type? This will make a difference in those rays- we need them to be spot on w/ placement and distance
It is a screen. We have to replace it though because our cat broke through it and tried to cuddle with Noodles 🤣. We have him in another room with a closed door for now. Eventually we want to get another Zen habitat so we can stack them with a divider in the middle for the lights, but that's a financial commitment we can't make at the moment.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It is a screen. We have to replace it though because our cat broke through it and tried to cuddle with Noodles 🤣. We have him in another room with a closed door for now. Eventually we want to get another Zen habitat so we can stack them with a divider in the middle for the lights, but that's a financial commitment we can't make at the moment.
It needs to be unobstructed for a T 8 distance 6-8 inches directly over the decor--- for a T 5 in the tank 12-15 inches directly over the decor -- the screen is blocking 30% of the rays --

NoodlesTheDestroyer

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Noodles
It needs to be unobstructed for a T 8 distance 6-8 inches directly over the decor--- for a T 5 in the tank 12-15 inches directly over the decor -- the screen is blocking 30% of the rays --
So you're saying we should have the lights inside the tank under the screen? I thought that was dangerous?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So you're saying we should have the lights inside the tank under the screen? I thought that was dangerous?
yes to inside and no its not dangerous as long as you correctly place and distance the decor -- the dragon is not getting adequate UVB w/ the T 8 on top of the screen - you can take the screen off if you like and can - T 5's can go on top of the screen BUT the screen must be a wide hole if its a fine screen then it too needs to be inside or unobstructed

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom