Nonviable Eggs after first laying

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwoody

Our beardie, Tang, was breed for the first time this year. Her first clutch gave us 18 nice egg looking eggs. 14 ended up hatching and all the babies are great.
Every other clutch she has had the eggs look funny. They aren't egg shaped, they are more cylindrical and some are yellowish. Why? Is really the first clutch usually the only viable one? She would put her in with her mate again?

Second question...
Everything says don't sell the babies until they are "6 weeks or 6 inches". Why??? We will keep ours longer just to see what kind of color develops and to be able to hopefully sex them more accurately. We've just wondered why this is the standard.

Thanks a bunch and looks like this is going to be a fun forum!

Poisoned1

Gray-bearded Member
The reason for selling early is because they are too young to be moved and some breeders don't make sure they are completely healthy before selling them causing complications with the buyer who is not happy with a sick dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom