No poops.?

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Nova is about 6 months ans ALWAYS poops every day. Every. Single. Day. Like, small cat-sized poops. But she didn't poop at all today, nothing, not even urate.

Is this normal.? Or is she maybe impacted a bit.? I know as they get older, they go longer without pooping but I wasn't sure what point that started and if it was such a sudden jump from so much a day to nothing the next day.

Also, happy day after x-mas.!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Nova is about 6 months ans ALWAYS poops every day. Every. Single. Day. Like, small cat-sized poops. But she didn't poop at all today, nothing, not even urate.

Is this normal.? Or is she maybe impacted a bit.? I know as they get older, they go longer without pooping but I wasn't sure what point that started and if it was such a sudden jump from so much a day to nothing the next day.

Also, happy day after x-mas.!
yes they tend to start slowing down on the poops - as they get older- impaction is caused by eating loose substrate - too big of insects or too many treat worms like super or meal worms -- she probably pooped it all out w/ the really big poop

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
yes they tend to start slowing down on the poops - as they get older- impaction is caused by eating loose substrate - too big of insects or too many treat worms like super or meal worms -- she probably pooped it all out w/ the really big poop
Well, it's 1pm and she still hasn't gone since the day before yesterday. She didn't go at all yesterday. And she's sort of basking.? She'll sit right on the edge of the light and be just sorta room temp or She'll sit away from the light for awhile but we can't tell if it's because she doesn't feel good or something is scaring her and she's trying to hide.

Attachments

• 1672077400790852403238171478748.jpg
    1672077400790852403238171478748.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 46

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Well, it's 1pm and she still hasn't gone since the day before yesterday. She didn't go at all yesterday. And she's sort of basking.? She'll sit right on the edge of the light and be just sorta room temp or She'll sit away from the light for awhile but we can't tell if it's because she doesn't feel good or something is scaring her and she's trying to hide.
Just leave her be -- as long as the surface basking temps are good and the UVB is good she will go- what is the temp where shes sitting on the edge of the light? And does she do this all the time?

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Just leave her be -- as long as the surface basking temps are good and the UVB is good she will go- what is the temp where shes sitting on the edge of the light? And does she do this all the time?
Well, we have a 100watt powersun and a 75watt flukers basking. And for some reason, it doesn't get above like 99, at most. But if wr put in a 100watt, it gets way too hot. So the edge of her light sits at about 94ish, she feels at room temp, mauve a little cooler on the edge.

She gets super cool, not quite cold, really quickly. Like within minutes, she isn't warm anymore.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Well, we have a 100watt powersun and a 75watt flukers basking. And for some reason, it doesn't get above like 99, at most. But if wr put in a 100watt, it gets way too hot. So the edge of her light sits at about 94ish, she feels at room temp, mauve a little cooler on the edge.

She gets super cool, not quite cold, really quickly. Like within minutes, she isn't warm anymore.
try taking the powersun out and put the 100 watt w/ the 75 watt as well and see what temps you get then

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom