No Poo

Status
Not open for further replies.

darwin08

Hatchling Member
I just got a dragon 2 days ago and I haven't seen him poop yet. Or drink water for that matter... but i am just wondering if that's normal because of the new environment and what not. he is a baby and has had about 20 crickets since I got him 2 days ago.

LJean

Extreme Poster
Babies should poo daily, once or twice or more. They also can dehyrdate easier than adults.

They don't always recognize standing water (water dish) as drinking water. You could try bathing the dragon daily to help. Luke warm water(or a bit warmer, but not hot), up to the arm pits, for 15-20 minutes daily. You may want to hold the baby with the vent (area where they poo) in the water and head above water the first few times to be sure he doesn't drown. You may have to change the water during bath to be sure it is still warm. This helps hydrate them and will help with poo also.

Another thing is to be sure the basking temperature is good. The basking temp should be around 105-110f (40-43c). You will need a good way to measure temps.

darwin08

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah this helped, he pooped twice to day :) one in the morning then I bathed him and he did it again at night. I still don't think he's eating enough though... But he ate a few veggies today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom