Nipped tail

NickAVD

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Here is a photo of the "bottleneck" on the tail.
It's been like this for over a year now.
1718526683211.jpg

1718526730850.jpg

Chris.

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Thank you for sharing this, it looks very similar to what Luis is starting to develop. I'll meassure it all up and keep an eye on its progression.

Chris.

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Update:
after not doing anything for two weeks, the tip started to shed today. The new scales are pitch black though and the second indent under the nip has become a little more pronounced. It also didn't go white but the darkish/pale scales started coming loose right away.
Maybe the scales wil get color after a few days....

Attachments

• IMG_20240617_164442.jpg
    IMG_20240617_164442.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20240617_163625.jpg
    IMG_20240617_163625.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 18

Chris.

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Does your touch make Louis uncomfortable?
Luis is the king of chill, quite literally but I just got tail whipped twice after touching it only once. He even paused between the wippes and looked at me to really let me know that he is pissed :(

NickAVD

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
I've never encountered anything like this. Perhaps someone more experienced will tell you what to do next.
Probably a good idea would be a preventive examination by a good veterinarian.

Chris.

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
I've never encountered anything like this. Perhaps someone more experienced will tell you what to do next.
Probably a good idea would be a preventive examination by a good veterinarian.
After rinsing it down under lukewarm water, the loose skin came off and Luis did calm down a bit, so I can touch it now with no issue (he's chilling on my shoulder right now and I run his tail through my fingers). I will give it an other day or two,and see how it does.

NickAVD

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
is his tail still dark? Perhaps the old scales bothered him and he was angry, so the tail was darker than usual.

Chris.

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
is his tail still dark? Perhaps the old scales bothered him and he was angry, so the tail was darker than usual.
Still dark and he's 95% asleep right now so he's as chill as he can be

Attachments

• IMG_20240617_193226.jpg
    IMG_20240617_193226.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 21

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Still dark and he's 95% asleep right now so he's as chill as he can be
I've never seen that hapoen like that before. Is it squishy? I'd probably start iodine soaks just in case, it the color don't come back in a day or two I'd probably be on my way to the vet.

Chris.

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
I've never seen that hapoen like that before. Is it squishy? I'd probably start iodine soaks just in case, it the color don't come back in a day or two I'd probably be on my way to the vet.
It feels kind of normal. The underside of the tail is bright as well and not black. Just the top side is dark....

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Hi I have a hypo bearded dragon called Buddy. He is two, and I have a lot of experience looking after him. He has never benn sick before so I am hoping he will not!
Hello , im still figureing out this platform,
So violet laid eggs, weeks ago, she was doing very well , in the last 3 to 4 days her poop was more than runny . Haven't changed much in her diet , an appetite is very good. Should I be considering a parasites remedy as she does get bloated as soon as she starts to eat.
My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anewbie
Top Bottom