Night infrared light?

I've read places that infrared isn't a color that beardy's can see. I'm a new beardy owner should I install one to keep my beardy from going into brumation, or let nature run its course when it eventually happens? Right now I'm running a 36" reptisun T5 10.0 and zoo med 150w basking during the day. Please give me any info. She's going through her first shed with me. I bathed her for roughly 5-10 mins today to help with her shedding, and haven't been handling her much the past couple days since she started. Thanks everyone!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Dragons have an extra cone in their eye compared to human eyes. This allows them to see much more of the light spectra than humans can, and most likely in a much more vivid manner.
If you can see the light it produces, your dragon can too.

IF you want extra heat at night, you will want a ceramic heat emitter. The red/black/blue "nighttime" bulbs are light sources that will disturb your dragons sleep.

-Brandon

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom