Newish "adult" beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayewoods

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3t6b3rc6 said:
As I stated in my previous post if the UVB is a T 5 and the screen is a wide hole it can stay on top if not then the UVB needs to be unobstructed ---- the screen is going to block 30% of the UVB rays and you do not want that----- please take the screen off or pull it forward so the screen is half on and the UVB is shining directly down w/ a piece of basking decor 12-15 inches under it ---- if the screen is a wide hole basking decor needs to be 8-10 inches under it ---- this is a good reason why his poops are so runny ---- please adjust accordingly --

full

full

I caught him eating his greens today! He ate them so vigorously It had to of been the placement of the uvb. I pushed it down and the tank cover is half off but I’m working on fixing that. A stand possibly? Should I keep the screen off? Don’t want to jinx it but so far no glass surfing. He had a little diarrhea but it wasn’t straight water. His basking spot it currently 100 && his cool spot is 83.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
If you can keep the screen off -- he needs the UVB rays -- you want him to keep eating --- the diet is also contributing to the runny stool - what are you feeding --- anything w/ alot of water content will do that like lots of squash cucumbers NO lettuce -- please like ice berg-- romaine is fine - gr peppers red peppers - I think I posted the nutrition website please look at it - it will tell you what to feed how often to feed and what NOT to feed --
get the UVB 12-15 inches directly above him --

Jayewoods

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2u2c0wrf said:
If you can keep the screen off -- he needs the UVB rays -- you want him to keep eating --- the diet is also contributing to the runny stool - what are you feeding --- anything w/ alot of water content will do that like lots of squash cucumbers NO lettuce -- please like ice berg-- romaine is fine - gr peppers red peppers - I think I posted the nutrition website please look at it - it will tell you what to feed how often to feed and what NOT to feed --
get the UVB 12-15 inches directly above him --

How would I be able to do that? He currently has mustard greens, have him some crickets the other day. He eats super worms as treats. How Should the lighting be set up? That’s what I’m struggling with right now. A stand? Mount the uvb in the tank? How would I do that? Also, does he look healthy to you? He’s quite active && throughout the diarrhea he is still working up an appetite. He is active in his tank and when I feel like he’s going to start glass surfing or running ramp if I try to take him out, he will let me run his chin but if I try to pick him up he runs, should I just leave him be u til he stops shedding?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Your screen looks wide hole type --- place a piece of basking decor directly under the UVB 8-10 inches and keep watching the appetite -- - I would start handling him -- pet him in the tank offer some super worms from your hand -- but definitely work w/ him on handling --

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom