Newbie!

Pnverbrigghe

Original Poster
Hi all! Newbie to the bearded dragon world here! My husband and I recently took in a beardie that was less than ideally cared for!
We have transferred “it” to a new enclosure, a much bigger one with all new things! (How do I tell male or female?)
He/she is glass surfing now. I feel so bad because I want it to comfortable in its new home! Any suggestions to calm it down?

Thank you!! I have attached photos of current new set up!

Attachments

• 6A992456-1648-4F3E-A08C-FD405DF5C0E5.jpeg
    6A992456-1648-4F3E-A08C-FD405DF5C0E5.jpeg
    184.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 087A5CA8-0160-4E5F-83C1-C3453F3656F3.jpeg
    087A5CA8-0160-4E5F-83C1-C3453F3656F3.jpeg
    188.7 KB · Views: 48

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi all! Newbie to the bearded dragon world here! My husband and I recently took in a beardie that was less than ideally cared for!
We have transferred “it” to a new enclosure, a much bigger one with all new things! (How do I tell male or female?)
He/she is glass surfing now. I feel so bad because I want it to comfortable in its new home! Any suggestions to calm it down?

Thank you!! I have attached photos of current new set up!
Welcome tank looks nice- how are you getting surface basking temps - they should be 95-100 taken w a digital probe thermometer- the uvb is a T 5? Can you post a closer pic of your screen please? We need to rule out temps for the glass surfing- it could be she just needs to adjust and acclimate to the tank and surroundings - please place the dragon on a flat surface vent facing camera tail in the air- we also need to get the uvb correctly distanced and placed for the screen - another reason for glass surfing

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Here is a pic of how to tell. How old is your beardie, females can't be guaranteed until they are a little older because some males develop later and look like females till they do.

Attachments

• s2OIALbl.jpg
    s2OIALbl.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 46

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom