Newbie need help please

Lissy123

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Henry
Its not specifically for dragons its in your home improvement store in kitchen I am thinking or Walmart carries it too - you want NON adhesive shelf liner -- ask the store associate they should be able to point out what your looking for - as far as the Exo Terra Intense bulbs I dont think they are but you can use one of these I know people on here that use them
these can be found at your hardware stores or big box stores and are dimmable
I can have CooperDragon help you w/ this too
@CooperDragon
Sorry for late reply, thank you Kerrie you have been a big help with everything, I will be going to the hardware stores over the weekend and have alook at some flooring, I’m really struggling with the temperatures at the moment, spent the last couple days fiddling with it, ive got my dimmer set to 37c because if I put it any higher it gets to hot at the basking spot, I really need to get a different bulb but need a dimmable one. I’m in the UK.it seem ok at the moment the probe is saying 42.6 at the basking spot and 28c in the cooler end but it keeps going up and down constantly. I’ve also ordered some Dubai roaches as the crickets are driving me mad keep hoping off spent hours last night chasing one around the house . Am I right in thinking I can replace the dubia roaches with the crickets and feed the same amount? I’ve ordered size small.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sorry for late reply, thank you Kerrie you have been a big help with everything, I will be going to the hardware stores over the weekend and have alook at some flooring, I’m really struggling with the temperatures at the moment, spent the last couple days fiddling with it, ive got my dimmer set to 37c because if I put it any higher it gets to hot at the basking spot, I really need to get a different bulb but need a dimmable one. I’m in the UK.it seem ok at the moment the probe is saying 42.6 at the basking spot and 28c in the cooler end but it keeps going up and down constantly. I’ve also ordered some Dubai roaches as the crickets are driving me mad keep hoping off spent hours last night chasing one around the house . Am I right in thinking I can replace the dubia roaches with the crickets and feed the same amount? I’ve ordered size small.
Ok I had to laugh at the cricket hopping around the house -- yes they are a pain in the neck - the dubias are a better feeder anyway and a lot easier to keep and they are not escape artist like crickets 😂--the dubias are going to be a different amount so less-- dubias are more filling than crickets -- shes a baby right? they will usually eat around 10-15 dubias just make sure the dubia is no bigger than the space between her eyes - you can try 10 of them for her as a baby- the bigger the roach as she gets older she will eat less of them-
try the 37 that is 98F and that should be a good basking temp for a juvie/ adult - see if she will bask there at that temp the 42 is 107F may be too hot depending on how old the dragon is - baby its good juvie / adult may be too warm - cool side is good --

Lissy123

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Henry
Ok I had to laugh at the cricket hopping around the house -- yes they are a pain in the neck - the dubias are a better feeder anyway and a lot easier to keep and they are not escape artist like crickets 😂--the dubias are going to be a different amount so less-- dubias are more filling than crickets -- shes a baby right? they will usually eat around 10-15 dubias just make sure the dubia is no bigger than the space between her eyes - you can try 10 of them for her as a baby- the bigger the roach as she gets older she will eat less of them-
try the 37 that is 98F and that should be a good basking temp for a juvie/ adult - see if she will bask there at that temp the 42 is 107F may be too hot depending on how old the dragon is - baby its good juvie / adult may be too warm - cool side is good --
Hi Kerrie 😂 omg the crickets are such a pain it was 11pm and I went to the toilet and saw it in the corner of my eye, I have no idea how it got there I’ve been so careful with them, and chasing it at that time of night, I laugh now last night I wanted to cry 😂. And they were chirping all night I then had to get up in the middle of the night and move them to the bathroom in there tub . Then when I went to get them this morning they all looked dead, I’m guessing the bathroom was to cold they looked shrivelled up. So I then had to drive round trying to find more crickets at 8am this morning. Nowhere had the small ones spent hours driving till finally found some. Hoping dubias come quickly as had to order online as nowhere seemed to sell the small ones only large. Yes she’s a baby the place we got her from said she was 8-16 weeks old there not very helpful as that’s a big different in age, we’ve had her 2 weeks now I’ve ordered the small so I’ll definitely be checking to make sure there not to big to give her when they arrive. Thank you Karrie so is 42 ok for her age then? It’s so annoying as it keeps going up and down and dimming really low then getting to hot

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi Kerrie 😂 omg the crickets are such a pain it was 11pm and I went to the toilet and saw it in the corner of my eye, I have no idea how it got there I’ve been so careful with them, and chasing it at that time of night, I laugh now last night I wanted to cry 😂. And they were chirping all night I then had to get up in the middle of the night and move them to the bathroom in there tub . Then when I went to get them this morning they all looked dead, I’m guessing the bathroom was to cold they looked shrivelled up. So I then had to drive round trying to find more crickets at 8am this morning. Nowhere had the small ones spent hours driving till finally found some. Hoping dubias come quickly as had to order online as nowhere seemed to sell the small ones only large. Yes she’s a baby the place we got her from said she was 8-16 weeks old there not very helpful as that’s a big different in age, we’ve had her 2 weeks now I’ve ordered the small so I’ll definitely be checking to make sure there not to big to give her when they arrive. Thank you Karrie so is 42 ok for her age then? It’s so annoying as it keeps going up and down and dimming really low then getting to hot
Sounds like there is something wrong w/ the dimmer- I would shut the dimmer off and see what your getting w/ the temps w/ out it

Lissy123

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Henry
Sounds like there is something wrong w/ the dimmer- I would shut the dimmer off and see what your getting w/ the temps w/ out it
Thank you I will try that, as I’ve just checked and it’s gone up to 43c am I positioning the dimmers probe properly I have it right next to the basking spot?

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom