New Viv, Trouble With Old Lighting

TheMix

The new 120 gallon is almost finished! Last night I was having trouble with the lighting, said "screw it" and my beardie and I went to sleep on the recliner. Okay, day 2 - back to the issue of lighting. I've been using a petsmart thrive lamp for 2.5 years and works great. I wanted to continue using it. However, I'm a little nervous about it just sitting on top of the viv like it was with the 40gal (the screen seems 'fragile'). I bought a lamp stand! Lol max length on this is 31" .. it's horrible. There's another with a max of 36", will that help? Should I change lamps? Should I change stands? Are those clip on lights any good? Ya know the ones that are advertised for turtles but people say are fine for Bearded dragons? Is that true? All help is appreciated, thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The new 120 gallon is almost finished! Last night I was having trouble with the lighting, said "screw it" and my beardie and I went to sleep on the recliner. Okay, day 2 - back to the issue of lighting. I've been using a petsmart thrive lamp for 2.5 years and works great. I wanted to continue using it. However, I'm a little nervous about it just sitting on top of the viv like it was with the 40gal (the screen seems 'fragile'). I bought a lamp stand! Lol max length on this is 31" .. it's horrible. There's another with a max of 36", will that help? Should I change lamps? Should I change stands? Are those clip on lights any good? Ya know the ones that are advertised for turtles but people say are fine for Bearded dragons? Is that true? All help is appreciated, thank you!
Please get a digital probe thermometer place on the spot where the dragon sits for basking -- you want temps of 95-100 --- your Thrive basking lamp is fine AS LONG as its keeping those basking temps-- my 120 gallon tank has two Fluker basking bulbs one 100 watt the other 75 watt that is used when I need the temps to be the 95-100-- summer time it fluctuates w/ the temps outside --- I have them in a sunny room and it gets warmer in the room on those days so I haft to watch the temps in the tanks- I also have a 2nd basking area behind my UVB that holds a 75 watt that keeps temps in that area in the 90's - all the basking bulbs are on top of the tank and the UVB is inside the tank -- here is a pic for reference ---

Attachments

• IMG_20210920_080952243.jpg
    IMG_20210920_080952243.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 90

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom