New viv questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cla6665

Hello everybody. I am starting my new viv tomorrow and I have a couple of questions. The viv is going to be 6' long, 2.5' wide and 2.5' tall. I was wondering if a 24" reptisun 10.0 tube will be enough for that size viv ( I think it's small). I was thinking to put one 48" tube in there, is it the same thing as 2 24'' uv wise? Also can I use a regular fluorescent light fixture ( I have a couple in my shop) on a reptisun tube? Any answer will be greatly appreciated
Thank you

nesta's mommy

Sub-Adult Member
wow that is a big viv!!!

i would also recommend you check into megaray mvbs at reptileuv.com they're the best heat/uv lamps combined out there and you may need extra power with such a big tank!

beardiebandit

Hatchling Member
you can use any uv fixture you can get ur hands on! lol! i just built a couple vivs and i found some at home depot on sale for real cheap. my vivs are 4'x2x2 and im using a 24'' reptisun mounted on the inside.

that is going to be a huge viv! will you be able to get it in your house? because mine is cutting it really close and i have to take the doors off to get it thru an interior door.

cla6665

Original Poster
Shut bandit man, almost got a hearth attack ... lol. I can make it through the porch door.... (lucky bastard...) I am planning to put 2 dragons in there. What do you think if i put like a small " pond" in there, let's say with 1/2 inch water in there, I have an old aquarium pump that I can use. I don't think it will raise the humidity to much being such a big viv.
Any help will be appreciated
Do you think that a 24" uv will be enough?
Thanks

beardiebandit

Hatchling Member
that sounds pretty cool! lol! i dont see a problem with that...NOT TO SURE THOUGH...lol! im not too sure what the max humidity can be... i have 24'' uvs in my tank but mine is 6'' shorter than your viv. you may want to build some sort of a bracket or something to try and get the bulb closer to where the dragon will be at most of the time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom